• Get tips on how to dress, pose, and walk like a model from a Stylosophy stylist. Guests can bring their own wardrobe options or try on in-store items like designer jeans by 3x1 and hand-painted tops by A. Turen. There will be light refreshments and Champagne, and future models can also get their photo snapped by a pro. Plus, shoppers will enjoy a 20 percent discount on 3x1 jeans during the event. Tickets ($30) can be purchased at urbangirlsquad.com. 3x1 Denim, 15 Mercer St., nr. Canal St. (212-391-6969); 7–9.
• Celebrate the launch of the first fragrance from Shipley & Halmos with cocktails and music at Bird, where the limited run of 99 hand-mixed bottles will be sold exclusively. Bird, 203 Grand St., Williamsburg; 6-9.
• Toast to giving back with a beer, a brat, and a Nomi holiday bag at Wechsler’s during their party to showcase these limited-edition creations (profits from Nomi bags support survivors of trafficking in Cambodia). Wechsler’s Currywurst & Bratwurst, 120 First Ave., nr. 7th St.; 7–9.
• Mingle with fellow fashion enthusiasts at the opening reception for the Accessories Designer Collective pop-up shop at the Roger Smith Hotel. Guests can get a sneak peak at offerings like neckwear by Payal Luthra or Lumete sunglasses, mingle with the designers, and enjoy complimentary wine and 15 percent off their entire purchase. The Roger Smith Hotel, 501 Lexington Ave., at 47th St. (212-755-1400); 6–8. The shop will be open through December; M–Su, 11–8.
• Join Shecky’s for their fourth annual Holiday Night Out, where you can get all of your holiday shopping done while having a good time (think complimentary cocktails and goodie bags). Tickets ($15 per day) can be purchased at sheckys.com. The Altman Building, 135 W. 18th St., nr. Sixth Ave. (212-966-0466); daily 5–10, through 12/10.
• Fall 2011 styles are up to 70 percent off at the Gryson and Olivia Harris sample sale. Prices start at $50. 180 Varick St., nr. King St. (212-462-6786); T–Th (9–7).
• Footwear and cashmere sweaters are $50 (originally $280 to $310) and denim is $40 (originally $24) at the Y-3 sample sale. 610 Broadway, nr. Houston, third fl.; T–Th (11–6).
• Accessories, women's jackets, and cashmere sweaters are 50 to 60 percent off at the Qi and Ainsley sample sale. 261 W. 36th St., nr. Seventh Ave., second fl.; T–F (10–7).
• Handbags, clutches, and accessories are up to 70 percent off at the Lauren Merkin sample sale. Prices start at $25. 231 W. 29th St., nr. Seventh Ave., Ste. 201 (212-239-2459); T–F (11–7).
• Women's outerwear, sweaters, silk tops, tees, and denim from Joie, Current/Elliott, and Equipment are 50 to 75 percent off. 260 Fifth Ave., nr. 28th St. (212-725-5400); T (9–7), W–Th (10–8), F (10–7), S (10–4).
• Fall and holiday sweaters, dresses, tops and other merchandise will be up to 70 percent off (with prices starting at $10) at the Lilla P sample sale. 430 W. 14th St., Ste. 204, nr. Ninth Ave.; T-W, 8-7.
• Fragrances and scented candles are up to 70 percent off retail at the NEST holiday sale. 601 W. 26th St., #1500, nr. Eleventh Ave.; M-T (9:30-6), W (9:30-4:30).
• Resin bangles are five-for-$25 or ten-for-$40 at the Pono sample sale. The Sea Glass bracelet is $25 (originally $95), the See Saw choker is $75 (originally $250), and the Arctic Ice choker is $50 (originally $165). 132 W. 36th St., nr. Broadway, eighth fl. (212-216-0044); M–F (9–6).
• Dresses, tunics, jackets, tops, and skirts are $10 to $80 at the Kas New York sample sale. 231 W. 39th St., nr. Eighth Ave., Ste. 1002 (212-869-5999); M–F (9:30–6:30).
• Cashmere, cashmere-blends, and cotton apparel and accessories are up to 75 percent off at the Autumn Cashmere fall/winter sample sale. The women's diamond-stitch minidress is $155 (originally $298), the women's striped crew is $108 (originally $260), and the men's zip-button jacket is $145 (originally $364). 231 W. 39th St., nr. Seventh Ave., Ste. 1111 (212-398-2244); M–F (9–6).
• Take 30 to 50 percent off brands including designer clothing from the No. 6 collection, Henrik Vibskov, Stine Goya, Correll Correll, and more, as well as 15 percent off select vintage, at No. 6's winter sale. The No. 6 chiffon yoke blouse is $234.50 (originally $335), the Anntian silk side drape dress is $378 (originally $540), and the Henrik Vibskov silk top is $115 (originally $230). 6 Centre Market Place; M-Sa (noon-7), Su (noon-6), through 12/16.
• All fall/winter merchandise is up to 50 percent off at John Varvatos boutiques. Various locations, 9–8. Through 12/31.
• Take up to 40 percent off at the Zero + Maria Cornejo pre-fall/FW 2011 sale. The hooded dolman jacket is $690 (originally $1150), the lux alpaca knit pod is $537 (originally $895), and the Eka coat in llama coating is $1396 (originally $1995). 33 Bleecker St., nr. Lafayette St. (212-925-3849), and at 807 Greenwich St., nr. Jane St. (212-620-0460); ; M-Sa (noon-7), Su (noon-6), through 1/15.
Most Viewed Stories
Rob Kardashian and Blac Chyna Reportedly Broke Up
Donald Trump Spent the Morning After the Debate Fat-Shaming Miss Universe, Again
It’s Finally Possible to Understand What Happened to Amanda Knox
Hillary Clinton’s Sickest Debate Burns
Ask a Boss: My Co-worker Wants Everyone to Call Her Boyfriend Her ‘Master’!
2009 Called — It Wants Its Vogue-Versus-Bloggers Fight Back.
22 Intimate Lost Photos of Marilyn Monroe
Former Miss Universe Becomes U.S. Citizen So She Can Vote Against Trump
Area Woman Interrupted by Man 25 Times in 26 Minutes
Our Scowling Hero Breaks a Smile
From Our Partners
powered by PubExchange
The Cut’s Latest Shopping FeaturesHow to Wear a Pink Suit
That millennial-friendly color strikes again.Cheap Thrill: A Frilled Tomato-Red Jumpsuit
Saucy.14 Things on Sale You’ll Actually Want to Buy: From a Backpack to a Bralette
This week, we dug through the darkest, deepest depths of the internet and found a back-to-school-worthy backpack and a $30 mint-green lamp.Treat Yourself: This Ring Will Make You Feel Like a Boss
A defense against impostor syndrome.Back-to-School Shopping Guide: The College Years
From fuzzy pillows to flatware.The 11 Best Pieces to Buy at Avenue 32’s Sale
Deep discounts, up to 80 percent off.Could These Be the Best Workout Leggings?
Meet the high-waisted version of ADAY's perpetually sold-out Throw and Roll leggings.The Perfect Summer Blanket Is Here
Never wake up in another night sweat again.Cheap Thrill: a Summer Dress You’ll Want to Wear Every Day
For work and weekend.How to Wear Two Bright Colors Together
Marigold and acid-green actually go together really well.
Grunge and glam had a baby together, and it's this clutch.Drake’s Is Now Collaborating With J.Crew
The British menswear brand, not the rapper.13 Basics on Sale, From a T-Shirt to a Tea Kettle
Here, some simple things on super-sale.Here’s Another Way to Get That Vetements Look
Champion's Reverse Weave collection is now sold on SSENSE.10 Bodysuits to Tuck Into Pretty Much Everything
Wear them with mom jeans, high-waisted skirts, work pants ...How to Make Your Work Clothes Less Boring
Take some liberties with this cool Tory Burch skirt.You Can Now Wear Your Succulents on Your Fingers
With the 13-piece Cactus de Cartier collection.Vivienne Westwood’s New York Debut, Unexpected Pool Floats, and a ’70s-Inspired Record Store
What's new in New York stores.Treat Yourself: A Bubblegum-Pink Varsity Jacket
Get one for everyone in your girl gang.9 Ways to Make Your Summer Wardrobe Less Boring
Don't freak out. Buy one of these nine things instead.