This week a flock of ladies crowded into the Manolo Blahnik store on 54th street where Manolo Blahnik himself was signing copies of his book, The Elves and the Shoemaker — a lovely little stocking stuffer for well-formed shoe addicts and shoe addicts in training. We stopped by for some delightful banter with Blahnik about everything from the perfect shoe (he's working on it), to why he eschewed the platform craze (too vulgar), to when young women should start wearing heels (Suri Cruise would make a poor example, since he doesn't know who she is). Also, learn how to pronounce his name (if you don't already) and watch him draw us a picture in the video.
Male Gaze: The Naked Warwick Rowers Are Baaack
See: A Harper’s Cover Shot by Erik Madigan Heck
Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- 12 Fisherman Sweaters for Winter
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 17 Days to Go!
- Rebecca Black Finally Made It to ‘Saturday’
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 18 Days to Go!
- The Best of the Cut This Week
- Male Gaze: The Naked Warwick Rowers Are Baaack
- The 11 Best Pre-Fall 2014 Looks (So Far)
- See: A Harper’s Cover Shot by Erik Madigan Heck
- Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- Decoding the Campy, Disheveled Girls Poster
- Burn After Reading: 2013 Holiday Candle Guide
- Time Editor Is a One-Woman Paycheck Fairness Act
- Facebook Could Add a ‘Sympathize’ Button
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 19 Days to Go!
- Decoding Drew’s Nails to Learn About Her Womb