Any attempt to ward off the January chill with a makeshift body armor of fleece and down is a futile one if your feet are left without the right base layer. These cozy and colorful Lisa B socks ($22 to $32 at Old Hollywood, 99 Franklin St., nr. Milton St., Greenpoint; 718-389-0837) are made from a blend of Italian wool, cashmere, and angora yarns, earning high marks on the warming scale and proving breathable, too. They’re machine-washable, come in dozens of optimistic prints, from polka dots to argyle, and hit at that ideal upper-calf spot for maximal coverage. Pull on a pair under your Wellies, or, if you’re feeling bold, let them peek out beneath your trouser hem. Plus, a design-savvy magazine rack, a new bookstore for Francophiles, and more in this week’s issue.
Kim Kardashian Insta-Idolizes Elizabeth Taylor
The Hair Stories Behind American Hustle
Sarah Jessica Parker Longs to Take the Bus
- Sheryl Sandberg’s Favorite Shampoo Commercial
- Kate Winslet Just Had a Baby Boy
- Kim Kardashian Insta-Idolizes Elizabeth Taylor
- Taylor Swift Uses Her Phone to Put on Makeup
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 15 Days to Go!
- The Hair Stories Behind American Hustle
- New York Winter Weddings Issue Is Live!
- Wish List: 3.1 Phillip Lim’s Quinn Loafer
- Daniel Radcliffe Has a Greasy New Bob
- Qantas Staff Doesn’t Want to Look Like Kerr
- Pre-Fall’s Best: Jason Wu, Rag & Bone, and More
- Sarah Jessica Parker Longs to Take the Bus
- Rodarte Sent Rihanna Boob Tassels for Christmas
- Should Women in Their Forties Model Underwear?
- 7 Things Lady Gaga’s Dreads Actually Look Like