Turns out Cynthia Rowley was one of the many thousands of people to bid on Liz Taylor and Richard Burton’s diamond wedding bands at the Christie’s auction in December. “I was on the phone when the lot came up, and I was bidding from my office, and I, you know, had my limit," she told us at the New York premiere of Madonna’s W.E. "Let’s just say it went for, uh, ten times what I was willing to pay.” (Per Christie’s website, the rings sold for over $1 million, including buyer’s premium.) "One day I’ll get something, though," she vowed. "I’ll get my history, my memento. I’m a real romantic."
Cannes Day 3: Cotillard, Kroes, and a Box Dress
Male Gaze: We All Pine for Chris Pine
Zhang Ziyi’s Very Versatile Pixie Cut at Cannes
- Cannes Day 3: Cotillard, Kroes, and a Box Dress
- Male Gaze: We All Pine for Chris Pine
- Galliano’s Latest Comeback Move: A TV Interview?
- Report: Aslaug Magnúsdóttir Out at Moda Operandi
- See J.Crew’s CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund Collection
- Cannes: Mara, Kidman, and a Wet Red Carpet
- Zhang Ziyi’s Very Versatile Pixie Cut at Cannes
- Made in America: 18 National Treasures to Try
- Beyoncé Really Is Pregnant, Says E!
- Fake the Bake With Twelve New Self-Tanners
- Rooney Mara Finally Lands Major Fashion Contract
- Michelle Obama Has Retired Her Bangs
- Gaultier Explains the Eurovision Song Contest
- Planned Parenthood Defunder Running for Senate
- Kardashian’s Tortured, Swollen Feet: A Lament