Turns out Cynthia Rowley was one of the many thousands of people to bid on Liz Taylor and Richard Burton’s diamond wedding bands at the Christie’s auction in December. “I was on the phone when the lot came up, and I was bidding from my office, and I, you know, had my limit," she told us at the New York premiere of Madonna’s W.E. "Let’s just say it went for, uh, ten times what I was willing to pay.” (Per Christie’s website, the rings sold for over $1 million, including buyer’s premium.) "One day I’ll get something, though," she vowed. "I’ll get my history, my memento. I’m a real romantic."
Male Gaze: The Naked Warwick Rowers Are Baaack
See: A Harper’s Cover Shot by Erik Madigan Heck
Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- 12 Fisherman Sweaters for Winter
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 17 Days to Go!
- Rebecca Black Finally Made It to ‘Saturday’
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 18 Days to Go!
- The Best of the Cut This Week
- Male Gaze: The Naked Warwick Rowers Are Baaack
- The 11 Best Pre-Fall 2014 Looks (So Far)
- See: A Harper’s Cover Shot by Erik Madigan Heck
- Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- Decoding the Campy, Disheveled Girls Poster
- Burn After Reading: 2013 Holiday Candle Guide
- Time Editor Is a One-Woman Paycheck Fairness Act
- Facebook Could Add a ‘Sympathize’ Button
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 19 Days to Go!
- Decoding Drew’s Nails to Learn About Her Womb