To accompany their witty, QVC-inspired January cover, Italian Vogue released a video, complete with elevator music in the background and scrolling marquees along the screen's bottom, titled "IVC." The clip shows models like Joan Smalls, Natasha Poly, Caroline Trentini, and Karlie Kloss posing in 2012 spring collections by Chanel, Gucci, Alexander McQueen, Versace, and many more, all while bathed in the anesthetizing glow of a tacky light-up runway. Mock copy like "one month money back guarantee" and "free shipping and handling" (hilarious!) play on the screen, and there's cameos with Michelle Harper and Ross Cassidy (from Million Dollar Decorators). See, fashion? You can have a sense of humor about your snobbery. What a clever, fresh way to start the year.
The College Magazine the Fashion World Respects
When Does PDA Mean a Couple Is Back Together?
Too Much or Too Little: DSM-V’s Gray Area on Sex
- Cannes Day 9: Princess Charlene and Heidi Klum
- The College Magazine the Fashion World Respects
- U.N. Pressures Prada to Stop Discrimination
- McCartney’s Asia Tour Culminates With Kate Moss
- Every Outfit Olivia Has Worn on Scandal Season 2
- When Does PDA Mean a Couple Is Back Together?
- Too Much or Too Little: DSM-V’s Gray Area on Sex
- Balenciaga’s New Bag: A Versatile Summer Option
- Issa’s Designer, Daniella Helayel, Quits Label
- Pussy Riot’s Maria Alyokhina Denied Parole
- GIF Lesson: How to Give Thin Hair Extra Volume
- The 45 Most Gorgeous, Famous Gems of All Time
- Barack Obama Prom Pictures
- Watch: Supercut of Pop Culture’s Best Promzillas
- Men No Longer Just Pieces of Meat