Rumors have been circulating about layoffs and restructuring at Gilt Groupe, which has yet to turn a profit despite announcing in November that it would expand to 90 countries and hire a worker per day. According to Betabeat, Gilt was expected to lay off 170 employees today, but a statement issued by CEO Kevin Ryan says they only expect to “selectively trim” the staff by about 50 employees over the next couple months. In the same statement, Ryan added that they'll still have more employees by the end of March than they have now. He maintains that Gilt Groupe is still on track for an IPO, possibly at the end of the fourth quarter, but mostly likely in 2013.
Wish List: Noor Fares Diamond Earrings
Fondling Men’s Boxers Makes Women Spendy
Riots and Diets: Admitting You Diet Is Radical
- Wish List: Noor Fares Diamond Earrings
- Fondling Men’s Boxers Makes Women Spendy
- Riots and Diets: Admitting You Diet Is Radical
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 6 Days to Go!
- Scientist Invents ‘Healthy’ Chocolate
- Sexting With a Tinder Spam-Bot, Things Get Weird
- Barneys Is Going to Reopen a Chelsea Location
- Justin Bieber Was Going for a Frank Sinatra Look
- Fabulously Festive: Jonathan Adler Handbags
- Meet Wayne Goss, YouTube's Male Makeup Star
- Heidi Klum Has Five Christmas Trees Too Many
- My Real-Life Her: Who Needs a Body to Have Sex?
- Versace Is Probably Going to Get Even Sexier
- Hot Men in Warm Sweaters
- Audrey Gelman and Terry Richardson Split