The rising designer explains his preference for menswear — in addition to the fact that he's his own fit model, so he never has to buy clothes. "Men are really just cylinders, much simpler to work with than a woman’s shape. Also, there’s a different kind of mentality to the clothes ... there’s never a seasonal jump. Men don’t dress that way. No one actually says, 'This season India is my inspiration,' or whatever. That’s nonsense." Perhaps if we could see behind Karl Lagerfeld's sunglasses, we'd catch him raising an eyebrow.
Meet WWLTD: The ‘Opening Ceremony of Mexico’
Weekend Must: Visit Dover Street Market New York
Virgil Abloh Is Inspired by Martha Stewart
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 4 Days to Go!
- The Best Stuff on the Cut This Week
- Male Gaze: The Irresistible Idris Elba
- Meet WWLTD: The ‘Opening Ceremony of Mexico’
- Weekend Must: Visit Dover Street Market New York
- Virgil Abloh Is Inspired by Martha Stewart
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 5 Days to Go!
- Why Spike Jonze’s Her Has High-Waisted Pants
- Poet Starlets Fear Nothing, Not Even Lady Parts
- Now You Can Wear Kitty-Cat Flats On Your Nails
- 2013: The Year in Butts
- Well, This Proposal Video Is a Blatant Ad
- Rich Couples Choose to Use the Bathroom Together
- The Cut’s Fashion Secret Santa: Susie Lau
- 10 Dazzling, Wearable Shoes for New Year’s Eve