There's a serious cult of personality forming around the bags Sofia Coppola designed for Louis Vuitton. Ever since they debuted in 2008, an eerily similar army of celebs have been spotted wearing them. While other luxury bags, like the Birkin, enjoy a wide variety of wearers (Khloe Kardashian, Princess Beatrice, and Victoria Beckham have all dipped into the Hermes pool), those who tote the SC are an exclusive group of newly minted It Girls, indie actresses, and other assorted A-listers who frequently have a fan base that cite them as style icons. It's like Vuitton couldn't have planned it better themselves. (And they may have — who knows what kind of gifting goes on in that world?) Regardless, the lack of logo, simple shape, and minimal hardware have made the bags calling cards for a certain kind of effortless cool. As of last week, Rooney Mara got hers, joining the likes of Kirsten Dunst, Kate Moss, and Sienna Miller. See our slideshow for all the looks.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Cannes Day 3: Cotillard, Kroes, and a Box Dress
Male Gaze: We All Pine for Chris Pine
Zhang Ziyi’s Very Versatile Pixie Cut at Cannes
- Negative Space: 11 White Dresses With Cutouts
- Cannes Day 3: Cotillard, Kroes, and a Box Dress
- Male Gaze: We All Pine for Chris Pine
- Galliano’s Latest Comeback Move: A TV Interview?
- Report: Aslaug Magnúsdóttir Out at Moda Operandi
- See J.Crew’s CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund Collection
- Cannes: Mara, Kidman, and a Wet Red Carpet
- Zhang Ziyi’s Very Versatile Pixie Cut at Cannes
- Made in America: 18 National Treasures to Try
- Beyoncé Really Is Pregnant, Says E!
- Fake the Bake With Twelve New Self-Tanners
- Rooney Mara Finally Lands Major Fashion Contract
- Michelle Obama Has Retired Her Bangs
- Gaultier Explains the Eurovision Song Contest
- Planned Parenthood Defunder Running for Senate