Funky necklace ladies rejoice! Fern Mallis, New York Fashion Week's beloved matriarch (who you might also recognize from her stints on fine reality-TV shows like Bravo's Fashion Show), announced today that she's doing a jewelry line for QVC. Although she's always been firmly planted on the business side of the industry, a design background has certainly never been a prerequisite for a QVC deal before; they'll just dispatch their own design team to look at Mallis's closet and whip up some pieces "inspired" by her style (although hopefully not too closely, as HSN learned all too well last spring). So, what can we expect to see in this forthcoming line? It's quite evident, from photos of Mallis at events and around Fashion Week, that the woman is an ardent fan of chunky necklaces that fall somewhere around the waist area. These necklaces are often colorful, almost always elaborate, and frequently layered on top of one another. So if the "more is more" necklace look is your thing, get excited.
Wish List: Noor Fares Diamond Earrings
Fondling Men’s Boxers Makes Women Spendy
Riots and Diets: Admitting You Diet Is Radical
- Adele Met Prince Charles in a Netted Fascinator
- The Siren Song of the Female Robot Voice
- Best of the Week’s Style Blogs: Cozy Sweaters
- Wish List: Noor Fares Diamond Earrings
- Fondling Men’s Boxers Makes Women Spendy
- Riots and Diets: Admitting You Diet Is Radical
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 6 Days to Go!
- Scientist Invents ‘Healthy’ Chocolate
- Sexting With a Tinder Spam-Bot, Things Get Weird
- Barneys Is Going to Reopen a Chelsea Location
- Justin Bieber Was Going for a Frank Sinatra Look
- Fabulously Festive: Jonathan Adler Handbags
- Meet Wayne Goss, YouTube's Male Makeup Star
- Heidi Klum Has Five Christmas Trees Too Many
- My Real-Life Her: Who Needs a Body to Have Sex?