Tavi Gevinson lent her likeness, and voice, to a new animated short film called Cadaver. The film tells the story of a dead man who comes back to life at the morgue — just looking for some closure, as the undead tend to do. Alongside Christopher Lloyd (the undead guy) and Kathy Bates (the undead guy's wife), Tavi plays Lynn, the poor medical student who's midway through performing an autopsy on a corpse that's suddenly not just a corpse anymore. She's also the film's narrator, and she sings a version of Neil Young's classic "Heart of Gold"; Young personally gave Tavi permission to re-record his music, having only done so a few times since the song's original release in 1972. See the trailer here, which includes Tavi lilting her way soulfully through the song's chorus (we've nearly heard her sing before, of course) and offers more insight into Cadaver's lively plot.
Cannes Day 3: Cotillard, Kroes, and a Box Dress
Male Gaze: We All Pine for Chris Pine
Zhang Ziyi’s Very Versatile Pixie Cut at Cannes
- Cannes Day 3: Cotillard, Kroes, and a Box Dress
- Male Gaze: We All Pine for Chris Pine
- Galliano’s Latest Comeback Move: A TV Interview?
- Report: Aslaug Magnúsdóttir Out at Moda Operandi
- See J.Crew’s CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund Collection
- Cannes: Mara, Kidman, and a Wet Red Carpet
- Zhang Ziyi’s Very Versatile Pixie Cut at Cannes
- Made in America: 18 National Treasures to Try
- Beyoncé Really Is Pregnant, Says E!
- Fake the Bake With Twelve New Self-Tanners
- Rooney Mara Finally Lands Major Fashion Contract
- Michelle Obama Has Retired Her Bangs
- Gaultier Explains the Eurovision Song Contest
- Planned Parenthood Defunder Running for Senate
- Kardashian’s Tortured, Swollen Feet: A Lament