After employing photographers Mert Alas and Marcus Piggott to shoot his fall 2011 ads, Tom Ford hired himself for his spring 2012 campaign (he's shot his own campaigns in the past, most recently his Black Orchid fragrance campaign). As you may recall, ankles played a big role in Ford's spring 2012 collection: There was nary a look where they weren't swathed in bows or buckled into elaborate shoe straps. It's thus fitting that male model Mathias Bergh would express some enthusiasm for Mirte Maas's ankle in one of the campaign's images; in another, he's whispering something hilarious in her ear.
Kim Kardashian Insta-Idolizes Elizabeth Taylor
The Hair Stories Behind American Hustle
Sarah Jessica Parker Longs to Take the Bus
- Best Bet: Satomi Kawakita Emerald Ring
- Sheryl Sandberg’s Favorite Shampoo Commercial
- Kate Winslet Just Had a Baby Boy
- Kim Kardashian Insta-Idolizes Elizabeth Taylor
- Taylor Swift Uses Her Phone to Put on Makeup
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 15 Days to Go!
- The Hair Stories Behind American Hustle
- New York Winter Weddings Issue Is Live!
- Wish List: 3.1 Phillip Lim’s Quinn Loafer
- Daniel Radcliffe Has a Greasy New Bob
- Qantas Staff Doesn’t Want to Look Like Kerr
- Pre-Fall’s Best: Jason Wu, Rag & Bone, and More
- Sarah Jessica Parker Longs to Take the Bus
- Rodarte Sent Rihanna Boob Tassels for Christmas
- Should Women in Their Forties Model Underwear?