• Check out photos of fashion icons like Iris Apfel and Isabella Blow at Incomparable Women of Style, an exhibition featuring the work of noted nightlife and fashion photographer Rose Hartman, before it closes this week. Admission is free and open to the public. Gladys Marcus Library, Museum at FIT, Seventh Ave. at 27th St. (212-217-4558); M–Th (8–10), F (9–6:30).
• Men's coats, shirts, sweaters, trousers, and more are up to 60 percent off at the Project No. 8 final markdown event. Available brands include Dries Van Noten, Adam Kimmel, Zero+Maria Cornejo, Bless, and Aspesi. 38 Orchard St., nr. Hester St. (212-925-5599); daily noon-7, through 2/29.
• Menswear pieces are 50 to 90 percent off at the Amongst Friends sample sale. Reed Space Annex, 151 Orchard St., nr. Rivingston St.; F-Su (11-7).
• Past-season clothing, shoes, and accessories for men and women are 50 to 80 percent off at the Life: Curated warehouse sale. Em Productions, 636 Broadway, nr. Bleecker St., Ste. 702; F–Su (10–7).
• Display, slightly damaged, and out-of-print books are 50 to 75 percent off at Taschen's semi-annual warehouse sale. 107 Greene St., nr. Prince St.; 998 Madison Ave., nr. 78th St.; F–Su (9–9).
• Fall and winter pieces are 30 to 50 percent off at A.P.C. 131 Mercer St., nr. Prince St. (212-966-9685); M-Sa (11-7), Su (noon-6), through 1/25.
• Womenswear is 50 to 80 percent off at Tess Giberson. Leather leggings are $400 (originally $1395) and the wool drape-front cardigan is $240 (originally $795). 97 Crosby St., nr. Spring St., Ste. 1 (212-226-1932); M-Sa (11-7), Su (noon-6), through 1/22.
Most Viewed Stories
The Big Secret of Every Dating App: Tech Doesn’t Matter
American Apparel Files for Bankruptcy
‘Truly Ugly Guy With Glasses’ Is Europe’s Most Virile Man
Ellie Kemper Thinks Kimmy Schmidt Would Fit in Well in Greenpoint
Astrology GIFs for the Week of October 5, 2015
Céline’s Woman-Friendly Triumph
Why Do I Jerk Awake Right As I’m Falling Asleep?
Sleater-Kinney on Riot Grrl, Reuniting, and Portlandia
It’s Harder to Be Thin Than It Was in the ’80s
From Our Partners
5 Best Sex Positions to Practically Guarantee an Orgasm
5 Must-Have Products for Your Makeup Bag
How Demi Lovato Embraced This Body “Problem” We All Have
15 Signs You're With A Good Man
powered by PubExchange
The Cut’s Latest Shopping FeaturesStock Up on These Fall Boots Under $300
Sensible lace-ups, sparkly shoes, and more.Cheap Thrill: Jacquemus’s Tailored T-Shirt
A signature piece from the "It" designer.Outfit of the Week: A Smart Way to Layer Basics
One more way to make weekdays easier.Cool Cocktail Dresses Inspired by the Philippines
From the up-and-comers behind Mestiza.Treat-Yourself Friday: A Utilitarian Leather Jacket
Perfect for the unpredictable weather.38 Pairs of Boots to Buy This Fall
Because pedicure season is finally over.41 Downright-Gorgeous New Pieces for Your Home
From kingly bedding to froggy rugs to Georg Jensen glass.5 Discerning New Yorkers on Their Favorite Finds for the Home
Project Runway’s Tim Gunn, celebrity stylist June Ambrose, and more choose the city’s finest boutiques, furniture restorers, specialty shops, designers, and cleaners.Marni’s Fabulously Shaggy Winter Coats Are Here
Fluffy and fantastic.18 of the Best Fall Jackets Under $300
Welcome to layering season.
A versatile transition piece.Outfit of the Week: Light Fall Layers
No jacket needed.37 Great Basics for Updating Your Wardrobe This Fall
The best work-friendly pieces, the perfect trench, and everything else you need right now.Treat Yourself Friday: A Quirky Bucket Bag
A playful take on the trend.Balenciaga’s New Shoes Are a ’90s Dream
Angela Chase would approve.Altuzarra’s First Bags Debut at Barneys New York
Introducing the Ghianda collection.115 Ways to Scream ‘Status’
The thing to have right now if you’re an Italian chef, an Upper East Side lady, a leather daddy, or a Dalton senior. (We know because we asked.)Cheap Thrill: Kenzo’s Flirty Pleated Skirt
A go-with-everything skirt on sale.Outfit of the Week: A Work-Friendly Combo
The ideal pieces to wear as we head into fall.Winter Doomsday Preppers: This Coat Is for You
Warm, fuzzy, and a street-style hit.