Before being allowed into the venue for yesterday's Atelier Versace haute couture show, Cathy Horyn was made to wait outside for "a perplexing few minutes ... as though [she] was not quite welcome." She then had to wait again inside, this time with other editors — who were all "naturally" complaining about the setup. (As it happened, photographers had been invited to shoot the collection before editorial press saw it, and took a few extra minutes to finish up.) All this loitering around left Cathy — and surely many other attendees — quite annoyed, and though she didn't seem to mind the clothes, she ended her review on an abrupt note: "The presentation had a tension that might have been eliminated had Ms. Versace just staged a normal show."
Cannes Day 3: Cotillard, Kroes, and a Box Dress
Male Gaze: We All Pine for Chris Pine
Zhang Ziyi’s Very Versatile Pixie Cut at Cannes
- Cannes Day 3: Cotillard, Kroes, and a Box Dress
- Male Gaze: We All Pine for Chris Pine
- Galliano’s Latest Comeback Move: A TV Interview?
- Report: Aslaug Magnúsdóttir Out at Moda Operandi
- See J.Crew’s CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund Collection
- Cannes: Mara, Kidman, and a Wet Red Carpet
- Zhang Ziyi’s Very Versatile Pixie Cut at Cannes
- Made in America: 18 National Treasures to Try
- Beyoncé Really Is Pregnant, Says E!
- Fake the Bake With Twelve New Self-Tanners
- Rooney Mara Finally Lands Major Fashion Contract
- Michelle Obama Has Retired Her Bangs
- Gaultier Explains the Eurovision Song Contest
- Planned Parenthood Defunder Running for Senate
- Kardashian’s Tortured, Swollen Feet: A Lament