For fashion magazines, March issues are traditionally the second-most ad-heavy of the year (after September, of course), and this year's ad page rankings showed marked improvements across the board. Vogue comes in first with 442.74 ad pages (a 3.7 percent gain from last year), followed by InStyle (347 pages, up 13 percent and setting a new March record for the magazine). In third place is Elle (319 ad pages, up 2 percent), followed by Harper's Bazaar (271 pages, up 16 percent), which no doubt got its sizable boost as a result of their redesign, set to debut in March. Coming in fifth place is W, with the largest ad page gain of all (204 pages, up 25 percent). Glamour's numbers haven't been released yet, but considering they're also unveiling a redesign, they'll probably bump "most improved player" W out of the top five. So while this list hardly shakes up the status quo, at least everyone has a good reason to break out Champagne in the office (as if anyone ever needed a good excuse to drink at work) and feel relaxed about running up their expenses at the shows this season.
Cannes Day 3: Cotillard, Kroes, and a Box Dress
Male Gaze: We All Pine for Chris Pine
Zhang Ziyi’s Very Versatile Pixie Cut at Cannes
- Cannes Day 3: Cotillard, Kroes, and a Box Dress
- Male Gaze: We All Pine for Chris Pine
- Galliano’s Latest Comeback Move: A TV Interview?
- Report: Aslaug Magnúsdóttir Out at Moda Operandi
- See J.Crew’s CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund Collection
- Cannes: Mara, Kidman, and a Wet Red Carpet
- Zhang Ziyi’s Very Versatile Pixie Cut at Cannes
- Made in America: 18 National Treasures to Try
- Beyoncé Really Is Pregnant, Says E!
- Fake the Bake With Twelve New Self-Tanners
- Rooney Mara Finally Lands Major Fashion Contract
- Michelle Obama Has Retired Her Bangs
- Gaultier Explains the Eurovision Song Contest
- Planned Parenthood Defunder Running for Senate
- Kardashian’s Tortured, Swollen Feet: A Lament