The first episode of The Fashion Fund, a six-part web series that shows the process behind the most recent CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund competition, premiered today on Hulu. The 23-minute episode gives the background story about the designers applying for the Fund, with plenty of spliced interviews from members of the CFDA board and previously nominated designers nicely edited in. But the most interesting aspect of the show is, of course, watching Anna Wintour criticize the candidates. “Well, this is just generic,” she says, mulling over a look book from Nice Collective. “I mean, it’s fine, it’s not offensive.” Anna pushes for Joseph Altuzarra (who goes on to win ... hmm). But we can get behind Joseph because of his earnest summation of why this whole Fund thing matters: "It's New York City and there's a million of us vying for just someone to pay attention." Aren't we all, Joseph? Aren't we all?
Kim Kardashian Insta-Idolizes Elizabeth Taylor
The Hair Stories Behind American Hustle
Sarah Jessica Parker Longs to Take the Bus
- Sheryl Sandberg’s Favorite Shampoo Commercial
- Kate Winslet Just Had a Baby Boy
- Kim Kardashian Insta-Idolizes Elizabeth Taylor
- Taylor Swift Uses Her Phone to Put on Makeup
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 15 Days to Go!
- The Hair Stories Behind American Hustle
- New York Winter Weddings Issue Is Live!
- Wish List: 3.1 Phillip Lim’s Quinn Loafer
- Daniel Radcliffe Has a Greasy New Bob
- Qantas Staff Doesn’t Want to Look Like Kerr
- Pre-Fall’s Best: Jason Wu, Rag & Bone, and More
- Sarah Jessica Parker Longs to Take the Bus
- Rodarte Sent Rihanna Boob Tassels for Christmas
- Should Women in Their Forties Model Underwear?
- 7 Things Lady Gaga’s Dreads Actually Look Like