Jewelry designer Alexis Bittar always puts older women in his ads — Dynasty's Joan Collins, Lauren Hutton, and Absolutely Fabulous's Joanna Lumley and Jennifer Saunders, for example — instead of skinny young models. “Every ad features models age 16 to 22 with a blank stare, when the real consumer in luxury fashion stores is more like 35 to 65,” he tells the Times. “I hate when a woman says she’s 45 as if it’s a bad thing.”
Outfit of the Week: Warm, Wintry Colors
Eyelid Art Is the New Nail Art
Lab Rat: Are Honey Masks Terrible and Sticky?
- Outfit of the Week: Warm, Wintry Colors
- Eyelid Art Is the New Nail Art
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 16 Days to Go!
- Michelle Obama Got a Farrah Fawcett Hairdo
- Why We Can't Let Men Off the Hook on Housework
- Lab Rat: Are Honey Masks Terrible and Sticky?
- Nicki Minaj Got a Boob Cake for Her Birthday
- The Cut’s Fashion Secret Santa: Simon Doonan
- Obstinate Seal Traps Newlyweds on Remote Island
- Amy Adams Didn’t Do Boob Tape in American Hustle
- Joanna Coles Lets Her 36-Year-Old Assistant Blog
- Beyoncé Wears Cow Print, Displays Sense of Humor
- Best Bet: Property Metallic Sack
- Selfie Yearbook 2013: Celebrity Superlatives
- 70 Fancy Gifts to Pine for This Holiday Season