Oh, Madonna, how we've needed you! Thanks to her halftime show performance, y'all probably can't remember why last year's show was so disappointing. Your brain has probably erased the thoughts of the Black Eyed Peas being terrible with Madonna being amazing. Those twelve minutes were a wild ride of Confessions-era flashbacks, full-body chills, pom poms, melting ligaments, Vogue covers — and energy remained impossibly high, even though Madonna's clothes weren't all-over sparkly for the whole show. In the slideshow, enjoy the fashion highlights from this seminal event, and read Anna Wintour's fabulous reaction to the performance.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Male Gaze: The Naked Warwick Rowers Are Baaack
See: A Harper’s Cover Shot by Erik Madigan Heck
Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- Male Gaze: The Naked Warwick Rowers Are Baaack
- The 11 Best Pre-Fall 2014 Looks (So Far)
- See: A Harper’s Cover Shot by Erik Madigan Heck
- Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- Decoding the Campy, Disheveled Girls Poster
- Burn After Reading: 2013 Holiday Candle Guide
- Time Editor Is a One-Woman Paycheck Fairness Act
- Facebook Could Add a ‘Sympathize’ Button
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 19 Days to Go!
- Decoding Drew’s Nails to Learn About Her Womb
- Messy-Haired Sky Ferreira: New Face of Redken
- Karolina Kurkova, Steven Tyler, & More at Basel
- Newly Vegan Beyoncé Covers Her Body in Pizza
- Matthew Williamson and Gwyneth Are Secret BFFs
- Why Should Fluid Sexuality Be Women-Only?