Blake Lively's March Elle cover is decidedly one of those "typical" ones — note the solid background and "traditional hand-on-hip pose" — that Glamour is now so decisively against. But regardless, the accompanying interview contains some gems of awkwardness, like her thoughts on motherhood: "I hope to have a few girls one day. If not girls, they better be trannies. Because I have some amazing shoes and bags and stories that need to be appreciated." Also, because the fashion industry continues to be so baffled by her ability to put clothes on without a stylist, she explains yet again why she simply doesn't need any help. "When I’m going to an event, I’ll send Christian (Louboutin) a picture of my outfit and say, 'What shoes do you think I should wear with this?'" To which he surely (never) responds, "Those monochrome YSL pumps could look cute."
Cannes Day 3: Cotillard, Kroes, and a Box Dress
Male Gaze: We All Pine for Chris Pine
Zhang Ziyi’s Very Versatile Pixie Cut at Cannes
- Cannes Day 3: Cotillard, Kroes, and a Box Dress
- Male Gaze: We All Pine for Chris Pine
- Galliano’s Latest Comeback Move: A TV Interview?
- Report: Aslaug Magnúsdóttir Out at Moda Operandi
- See J.Crew’s CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund Collection
- Cannes: Mara, Kidman, and a Wet Red Carpet
- Zhang Ziyi’s Very Versatile Pixie Cut at Cannes
- Made in America: 18 National Treasures to Try
- Beyoncé Really Is Pregnant, Says E!
- Fake the Bake With Twelve New Self-Tanners
- Rooney Mara Finally Lands Major Fashion Contract
- Michelle Obama Has Retired Her Bangs
- Gaultier Explains the Eurovision Song Contest
- Planned Parenthood Defunder Running for Senate
- Kardashian’s Tortured, Swollen Feet: A Lament