Suzy Menkes floated a rumor yesterday that Christopher Kane "has been put up for the Dior job" to replace John Galliano. Today, the designer tells British Vogue that's not the case: "While it is incredibly flattering that I could be considered for a role at a house such as Dior at this stage in my career, I can confirm that I have not been approached." Kane says he remains focused on developing his line, and his work for Versace's Versus label. So it's back to guessing Raf Simons, or Stefano Pilati, or maybe Hedi Slimane, and so on.
Meet WWLTD: The ‘Opening Ceremony of Mexico’
Weekend Must: Visit Dover Street Market New York
Virgil Abloh Is Inspired by Martha Stewart
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 4 Days to Go!
- The Best Stuff on the Cut This Week
- Male Gaze: The Irresistible Idris Elba
- Meet WWLTD: The ‘Opening Ceremony of Mexico’
- Weekend Must: Visit Dover Street Market New York
- Virgil Abloh Is Inspired by Martha Stewart
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 5 Days to Go!
- Why Spike Jonze’s Her Has High-Waisted Pants
- Poet Starlets Fear Nothing, Not Even Lady Parts
- Now You Can Wear Kitty-Cat Flats On Your Nails
- 2013: The Year in Butts
- Well, This Proposal Video Is a Blatant Ad
- Rich Couples Choose to Use the Bathroom Together
- The Cut’s Fashion Secret Santa: Susie Lau
- 10 Dazzling, Wearable Shoes for New Year’s Eve