• Penelope Cruz stars in PETA's latest ad campaign, a reminder of the organization's firm anti-fur stance just in time for NYFW. [HuffPo]
• Claudia Schiffer says Karl Lagerfeld helped her gain confidence when she first moved to Paris to model. "When I was growing up, clothes for me were all about being invisible," she says. "I lived in a small town in Germany, where everyone knew everyone else, and I stood out because I was tall and skinny. I was incredibly shy and just wanted to disappear." [Vogue UK]
• Brazil's fashion weeks will run on a new schedule starting in 2013, with more of a focus on resort and spring shows. [WWD]
• Designer Catherine Malandrino held a private dinner for 30 close friends and fashion notables at a loft in Chelsea on Tuesday as a pre-Fashion Week celebration. Some of us spent our Tuesday evenings working on large, ungainly Excel spreadsheets coordinating fashion show invites. [NYP]
• Uniqlo's newest collaboration, with fashion brand Undercover, will debut on March 16. [Racked]
• A London-based musician wrote a song called 'Fashion Boy' about Andrej Pejic. Lyrics include, "He has the kind of smile that makes the girls go wild — he's the king of style", and, "Fashion boy, I've seen it all before, but you give me more." She can rhyme, well ... almost. [Vogue UK]
• DSW will move into the empty Filene's Basement store on the Upper West Side this June. [Racked]
• Target reached an agreement to protect its brand name in Canada — keeping the chain's plans to expand in the country over the next few years on target, if you will. [WSJ]
Most Viewed Stories
Serena Williams’s Pregnancy Announcement Was Completely Unintentional
The Most Depressing Ways The Bachelor Couple Have Described Their Relationship
Zeke Thomas Speaks Out for the First Time About Being Assaulted
Ask Polly: Is Life All Downhill From Here?
All the Cool Girls Had One: 16 Women on Teen Status Symbols
Ikea Would Like You to Consider Its 99-Cent Tote Over Balenciaga’s $2,145 Version
Should You Be Boycotting SheaMoisture?
A Dead Woman’s Fitbit Data May Lead to Her Husband’s Murder Conviction
Jesse Williams and Aryn Drake-Lee Divorcing After Five Years of Marriage
I Was the Queen Bee: 3 High-School Bullies Describe Their Reigns of Terror
Latest News from The CutHow Can I Stop Eating Like a Maniac in Front of My Son?
Because I should. Studies say!Retailers Are Calling Culottes Out for Exactly What They Are: Awkward
And they’re not the worst pants on the market.A Snazzy White Blouse With a Colorful Purse Is A Good Look
Go for the shoulder pads for once.13 Female Journalists on What They’d Tell Their Younger Selves
“It’s the most incredibly unglamorous career you can imagine.”Republican Lawmaker Mocks Latina Constituent in Tweet: ‘Do You Always Lie in English?’
She was supposed to meet with his legislative director to discuss his stance on immigration.Unicorn Flowers Are Here to Ruin Your Mother’s Day
Please, unicorns, leave our moms alone.How I Get It Done: April Sutton, Professional Stuntwoman Who Works on Empire
On being covered in bruises, why she’ll never agree to an underwater scene, and why stunt work is easier for men.Ivanka Trump Is Starting a ‘Fund for Female Entrepreneurs.’ Sure, Why Not?
Meanwhile, factory workers making her brand’s clothes reportedly get paid $1 an hour.Plane Passengers Only Want Thin Flight Attendants, Airline Council Members Claim
Two men defending the airline claim flight crews’ appearance is important for business.Coca-Cola Is Now Selling Coke With Added Fiber
If Diet Coke is just not cutting it.
Don’t assume that the future is even worse that the present.Sony Has Reportedly Parted Ways With Dr. Luke
He is no longer the CEO of Kemosabe records.We Will Soon See Some ‘Formation Scholars’ in College Thanks to Beyoncé
She wants to reward women who are “bold, creative, conscious and confident.”Serena Williams’s Pregnancy Announcement Was Completely Unintentional
Not that she regrets it.Should You Be Boycotting SheaMoisture?
The CEO answers your burning questions.This Photographer Examines African Beauty and Beyoncé
A new exhibition by Émilie Régnier at the Bronx Documentary Center.The Most Iconic Queen Bees in Pop Culture
▶️ “That’s right. Rule, b****. But don’t forget who made you.”See Selena Gomez’s Cute New Short Haircut
Chop, chop.Ikea Would Like You to Consider Its 99-Cent Tote Over Balenciaga’s $2,145 Version
The resemblance is uncanny.A Dead Woman’s Fitbit Data May Lead to Her Husband’s Murder Conviction
Richard Dabate is accused of killing his wife Connie, and her last recorded steps on Fitbit are part of the case against him.