As Vogue's André Leon Talley once wisely said, it is too soon to start identifying trends at this point in Fashion Week. The New York shows may be over, but London, Milan, and Paris Fashion Weeks are still to come. So, while we'll refrain from labeling the many weird arrangements of fur and shearling seen on the clothes this past week as a trend, we can at least acknowledge that there were a lot of unexpected fuzzy bits on the runways. After the proliferation of gorilla arms in recent fall shows, and a dyed-fur trend that somehow had enough legs to make its way from runways like Gucci's to vaginas, we are seeing fuzzy stuff do even more unusual things this season. Furry pockets, stripes, patches, shoulders, and even a fur halter have shown up on New York's most major runways so far. Peta may have devoted its energies to the dog show instead of Fashion Week yesterday, but they certainly have a lot to be angry about on the runways as fur refuses to quit. Review next fall's weird uses of fuzz in the slideshow.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
The College Magazine the Fashion World Respects
When Does PDA Mean a Couple Is Back Together?
Too Much or Too Little: DSM-V’s Gray Area on Sex
- Cannes Day 9: Princess Charlene and Heidi Klum
- The College Magazine the Fashion World Respects
- U.N. Pressures Prada to Stop Discrimination
- McCartney’s Asia Tour Culminates With Kate Moss
- Every Outfit Olivia Has Worn on Scandal Season 2
- When Does PDA Mean a Couple Is Back Together?
- Too Much or Too Little: DSM-V’s Gray Area on Sex
- Balenciaga’s New Bag: A Versatile Summer Option
- Issa’s Designer, Daniella Helayel, Quits Label
- Pussy Riot’s Maria Alyokhina Denied Parole
- GIF Lesson: How to Give Thin Hair Extra Volume
- The 45 Most Gorgeous, Famous Gems of All Time
- Barack Obama Prom Pictures
- Watch: Supercut of Pop Culture’s Best Promzillas
- Men No Longer Just Pieces of Meat