As Vogue's André Leon Talley once wisely said, it is too soon to start identifying trends at this point in Fashion Week. The New York shows may be over, but London, Milan, and Paris Fashion Weeks are still to come. So, while we'll refrain from labeling the many weird arrangements of fur and shearling seen on the clothes this past week as a trend, we can at least acknowledge that there were a lot of unexpected fuzzy bits on the runways. After the proliferation of gorilla arms in recent fall shows, and a dyed-fur trend that somehow had enough legs to make its way from runways like Gucci's to vaginas, we are seeing fuzzy stuff do even more unusual things this season. Furry pockets, stripes, patches, shoulders, and even a fur halter have shown up on New York's most major runways so far. Peta may have devoted its energies to the dog show instead of Fashion Week yesterday, but they certainly have a lot to be angry about on the runways as fur refuses to quit. Review next fall's weird uses of fuzz in the slideshow.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Meet WWLTD: The ‘Opening Ceremony of Mexico’
Weekend Must: Visit Dover Street Market New York
Virgil Abloh Is Inspired by Martha Stewart
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 4 Days to Go!
- The Best Stuff on the Cut This Week
- Male Gaze: The Irresistible Idris Elba
- Meet WWLTD: The ‘Opening Ceremony of Mexico’
- Weekend Must: Visit Dover Street Market New York
- Virgil Abloh Is Inspired by Martha Stewart
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 5 Days to Go!
- Why Spike Jonze’s Her Has High-Waisted Pants
- Poet Starlets Fear Nothing, Not Even Lady Parts
- Now You Can Wear Kitty-Cat Flats On Your Nails
- 2013: The Year in Butts
- Well, This Proposal Video Is a Blatant Ad
- Rich Couples Choose to Use the Bathroom Together
- The Cut’s Fashion Secret Santa: Susie Lau
- 10 Dazzling, Wearable Shoes for New Year’s Eve