Carine Roitfeld's latest freelance project was guest-editing the spring issue of VMAN. In addition to features with Michael Avedon (the 21-year-old grandson of Richard Avedon) and Nick Knight, Roitfeld chose ten "real guys" (i.e. not celebrities or models) to pose for photographer Karim Sadli and talk about their "real" lives as a mechanic, a drummer, and a firefighter, to give a few examples (one of them even posed with his baby daughter, aw). In her editor's letter, Roitfeld explains, "Fashion can be a difficult thing for men to follow ... Sometimes men's fashion can look too crazy to be believable, but I think a man should be elegant and effortless." See the full ten-page spread in our slideshow.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Outfit of the Week: Warm, Wintry Colors
Eyelid Art Is the New Nail Art
Lab Rat: Are Honey Masks Terrible and Sticky?
- Outfit of the Week: Warm, Wintry Colors
- Eyelid Art Is the New Nail Art
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 16 Days to Go!
- Michelle Obama Got a Farrah Fawcett Hairdo
- Why We Can't Let Men Off the Hook on Housework
- Lab Rat: Are Honey Masks Terrible and Sticky?
- Nicki Minaj Got a Boob Cake for Her Birthday
- The Cut’s Fashion Secret Santa: Simon Doonan
- Obstinate Seal Traps Newlyweds on Remote Island
- Amy Adams Didn’t Do Boob Tape in American Hustle
- Joanna Coles Lets Her 36-Year-Old Assistant Blog
- Beyoncé Wears Cow Print, Displays Sense of Humor
- Best Bet: Property Metallic Sack
- Selfie Yearbook 2013: Celebrity Superlatives
- 70 Fancy Gifts to Pine for This Holiday Season