Carine Roitfeld's latest freelance project was guest-editing the spring issue of VMAN. In addition to features with Michael Avedon (the 21-year-old grandson of Richard Avedon) and Nick Knight, Roitfeld chose ten "real guys" (i.e. not celebrities or models) to pose for photographer Karim Sadli and talk about their "real" lives as a mechanic, a drummer, and a firefighter, to give a few examples (one of them even posed with his baby daughter, aw). In her editor's letter, Roitfeld explains, "Fashion can be a difficult thing for men to follow ... Sometimes men's fashion can look too crazy to be believable, but I think a man should be elegant and effortless." See the full ten-page spread in our slideshow.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Cannes Day 3: Cotillard, Kroes, and a Box Dress
Male Gaze: We All Pine for Chris Pine
Zhang Ziyi’s Very Versatile Pixie Cut at Cannes
- Cannes Day 3: Cotillard, Kroes, and a Box Dress
- Male Gaze: We All Pine for Chris Pine
- Galliano’s Latest Comeback Move: A TV Interview?
- Report: Aslaug Magnúsdóttir Out at Moda Operandi
- See J.Crew’s CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund Collection
- Cannes: Mara, Kidman, and a Wet Red Carpet
- Zhang Ziyi’s Very Versatile Pixie Cut at Cannes
- Made in America: 18 National Treasures to Try
- Beyoncé Really Is Pregnant, Says E!
- Fake the Bake With Twelve New Self-Tanners
- Rooney Mara Finally Lands Major Fashion Contract
- Michelle Obama Has Retired Her Bangs
- Gaultier Explains the Eurovision Song Contest
- Planned Parenthood Defunder Running for Senate
- Kardashian’s Tortured, Swollen Feet: A Lament