After relying on the exacting eye of top casting director Ashley Brokaw for several seasons, Proenza Schouler hired Patrizia Pilotti instead (Brokaw dropped the label to focus exclusively on the fall 2012 Prada and Balenciaga shows). Pilotti selected Argentinian newcomer at Next Models, Melissa Stasiuk, to kick things off, while Meghan Collison closed. In other runway news, Aymeline Valade scored the first look at Reed Krakoff, and this season’s top face so far, Kati Nescher, opened and closed for J. Mendel. But it’s Frida Gustavsson who takes the win for yesterday: the Swede opened and closed for Anna Sui, on top of her closing slot at Michael Kors in the morning. See all these looks, and more, in the slideshow ahead.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Cannes Day 3: Cotillard, Kroes, and a Box Dress
Male Gaze: We All Pine for Chris Pine
Zhang Ziyi’s Very Versatile Pixie Cut at Cannes
- Negative Space: 11 White Dresses With Cutouts
- Cannes Day 3: Cotillard, Kroes, and a Box Dress
- Male Gaze: We All Pine for Chris Pine
- Galliano’s Latest Comeback Move: A TV Interview?
- Report: Aslaug Magnúsdóttir Out at Moda Operandi
- See J.Crew’s CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund Collection
- Cannes: Mara, Kidman, and a Wet Red Carpet
- Zhang Ziyi’s Very Versatile Pixie Cut at Cannes
- Made in America: 18 National Treasures to Try
- Beyoncé Really Is Pregnant, Says E!
- Fake the Bake With Twelve New Self-Tanners
- Rooney Mara Finally Lands Major Fashion Contract
- Michelle Obama Has Retired Her Bangs
- Gaultier Explains the Eurovision Song Contest
- Planned Parenthood Defunder Running for Senate