Russian-born, German-raised model Kati Nescher is having one hell of a debut at New York Fashion Week. After landing the opening slots for rag & bone and Helmut Lang earlier this week, the 27-year-old picked up two more key opening looks for Prabal Gurung and Altuzarra yesterday. Meanwhile, one of our favorite newer faces, Kate King, is having a strong junior season, closing out Herve Leger. But at the casting wonderland that is Alexander Wang, casting director Anita Bitton pulled out all the stops: Gisele Bündchen (who closed the show in an all-leather number), Carmen Kass, Elise Crombez, Frankie Rayder, and Shalom Harlow all came out of relative runway retirement for Wang’s spring showing. Although Bitton selected New York Models’s newcomer Nadja Bender to open, when an icon like Bündchen takes the stage, she steals the show. See all of yesterday’s major opener and closers in the slideshow ahead.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Male Gaze: The Naked Warwick Rowers Are Baaack
See: A Harper’s Cover Shot by Erik Madigan Heck
Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 17 Days to Go!
- Rebecca Black Finally Made It to ‘Saturday’
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 18 Days to Go!
- The Best of the Cut This Week
- Male Gaze: The Naked Warwick Rowers Are Baaack
- The 11 Best Pre-Fall 2014 Looks (So Far)
- See: A Harper’s Cover Shot by Erik Madigan Heck
- Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- Decoding the Campy, Disheveled Girls Poster
- Burn After Reading: 2013 Holiday Candle Guide
- Time Editor Is a One-Woman Paycheck Fairness Act
- Facebook Could Add a ‘Sympathize’ Button
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 19 Days to Go!
- Decoding Drew’s Nails to Learn About Her Womb
- Messy-Haired Sky Ferreira: New Face of Redken