Earlier today, GQ announced their "Best New Menswear Designers in America" for 2012. Chosen by editor Jim Nelson, creative director Jim Moore, and the magazine's fashion editors, this year's lucky six are Johan Lindeberg (for his BLK DNM line), Ian Velardi, Todd Snyder, Mark McNairy (for New Amsterdam), Shimon and Ariel Ovadia (the twin brothers behind Ovadia & Sons), and Saturdays NYC designers Josh Rosen, Morgan Collett, and Colin Tunstall. As well as featuring in GQ's April issue — where most will surely be styled in loafers with no socks — they'll each get the chance to design pieces for a special, limited-edition menswear collection for the Gap.
Cannes Day 3: Cotillard, Kroes, and a Box Dress
Male Gaze: We All Pine for Chris Pine
Zhang Ziyi’s Very Versatile Pixie Cut at Cannes
- Cannes Day 3: Cotillard, Kroes, and a Box Dress
- Male Gaze: We All Pine for Chris Pine
- Galliano’s Latest Comeback Move: A TV Interview?
- Report: Aslaug Magnúsdóttir Out at Moda Operandi
- See J.Crew’s CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund Collection
- Cannes: Mara, Kidman, and a Wet Red Carpet
- Zhang Ziyi’s Very Versatile Pixie Cut at Cannes
- Made in America: 18 National Treasures to Try
- Beyoncé Really Is Pregnant, Says E!
- Fake the Bake With Twelve New Self-Tanners
- Rooney Mara Finally Lands Major Fashion Contract
- Michelle Obama Has Retired Her Bangs
- Gaultier Explains the Eurovision Song Contest
- Planned Parenthood Defunder Running for Senate
- Kardashian’s Tortured, Swollen Feet: A Lament