If New York Fashion Week is the place where a model makes her catwalk debut, London is where a model picks up steam … or fizzles out. After an exclusive opening slot at Calvin Klein last week, German newcomer Franziska Müller scored the first and last looks at Erdem and closed for Aquascutum. Meanwhile, the long underrated Karlina Caune kicked off the fall collections for Paul Smith and Marios Schwab; Kolfinna Kristófersdóttir, Marc by Marc Jacobs’s recent closer, opened and closed for Christopher Kane. But the homegrown talent of Lara Mullen takes the win: The young Brit — beloved by the U.K.'s top fashion folk and represented by Premier Model Management — opened for Mulberry and Topshop Unique. Mullen also covers the spring 2012 issue of i-D magazine and stars on one of Dazed & Confused’s four March 2012 covers. See all of London’s key opening and closing looks in the slideshow ahead.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Defense Bill Deal Delays Sexual Assault Vote
Outfit of the Week: Warm, Wintry Colors
Eyelid Art Is the New Nail Art
- Defense Bill Deal Delays Sexual Assault Vote
- Outfit of the Week: Warm, Wintry Colors
- Eyelid Art Is the New Nail Art
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 16 Days to Go!
- Michelle Obama Got a Farrah Fawcett Hairdo
- Why We Can't Let Men Off the Hook on Housework
- Lab Rat: Are Honey Masks Terrible and Sticky?
- Nicki Minaj Got a Boob Cake for Her Birthday
- The Cut’s Fashion Secret Santa: Simon Doonan
- Obstinate Seal Traps Newlyweds on Remote Island
- Amy Adams Didn’t Do Boob Tape in American Hustle
- Joanna Coles Lets Her 36-Year-Old Assistant Blog
- Beyoncé Wears Cow Print, Displays Sense of Humor
- Best Bet: Property Metallic Sack
- Selfie Yearbook 2013: Celebrity Superlatives