After numerous seasons with casting director Russell Marsh, BCBG Max Azria switched to casting duo Barbara Nicoli and Leila Ananna, who selected a relative newcomer, Josefien Rodermans, to open the show; German model Brenda Kranz closed. (Rodermans, as you may remember, debuted last season as an exclusive, opening and closing for Calvin Klein.) And while rising faces like Anais Pouliot and Kate King also made key appearances on the first day of New York Fashion Week, yesterday’s win goes to one of the hardest working, and coincidentally most beautiful, models working today: Liu Wen. With current contracts for Estée Lauder and Calvin Klein, the Chinese model picked up her first opening slot of the season at Richard Chai. See all those images and more in the slideshow ahead.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Famous Person Dares to Wear Dress More Than Once
Shailene Woodley’s Beauty Mantra: ‘You Do You’
A First Glimpse of Beyoncé and Jay’s Vegan Life
- Happy Birthday, Jeff Bridges!
- Famous Person Dares to Wear Dress More Than Once
- WSJ Columnist: Time Warner Is a ‘Little Girl’
- Watch Lily McMenamy Do Crazy-Ass Yoga in Céline
- Katy Perry Says Volunteer for the Insta-Pix
- Shailene Woodley’s Beauty Mantra: ‘You Do You’
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 21 Days to Go!
- A First Glimpse of Beyoncé and Jay’s Vegan Life
- Party Pics: The First Wave From Art Basel Miami
- Gumbel Makes Barneys Race Joke to Barneys CEO
- Tyra Banks Is 40!
- Kimye Plans Super-Subtle Wedding at Versailles
- Liv Tyler Reminds Us to Say Please and Thank You
- Used Princess Di Clothes Sell for $140,000
- ‘Kamikaze Sperm’: Fighting Off Rivals?