After numerous seasons with casting director Russell Marsh, BCBG Max Azria switched to casting duo Barbara Nicoli and Leila Ananna, who selected a relative newcomer, Josefien Rodermans, to open the show; German model Brenda Kranz closed. (Rodermans, as you may remember, debuted last season as an exclusive, opening and closing for Calvin Klein.) And while rising faces like Anais Pouliot and Kate King also made key appearances on the first day of New York Fashion Week, yesterday’s win goes to one of the hardest working, and coincidentally most beautiful, models working today: Liu Wen. With current contracts for Estée Lauder and Calvin Klein, the Chinese model picked up her first opening slot of the season at Richard Chai. See all those images and more in the slideshow ahead.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Kate Middleton Dares to Wear a Dress Three Times
The Best of Pre-Fall 2014, Continued
The Cut’s Fashion Secret Santa: Joe Zee
- The Year in Street Style: Céline Wins!
- Kate Middleton Dares to Wear a Dress Three Times
- Tell Me Everything You Know About Wool
- FDA Rejects Female Viagra
- Oprah Says Her Kids Would Probably Hate Her
- The Best of Pre-Fall 2014, Continued
- Best Bet: Rebecca Minkoff Coin Pouch
- The Cut’s Fashion Secret Santa: Joe Zee
- Best, Worst, & Sheerest Fashion Moments of 2013
- Rooney Mara, the Goth Ice Queen
- Male Gaze: Feast Your Eyes on Frank Sinatra
- Office Stress Is Contagious
- Kim Kardashian’s ‘Jubilant,’ Post-Baby Reveal
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 14 Days to Go!
- Paltrow, Anderson Diet Show Gets ‘Major Network’