There's no question that Meryl Streep has displayed incredible consistency as a powerhouse actress — this Sunday will mark her seventeenth Academy Award nomination — but style-wise, she's been a bit all over the map. To her credit, the occasional misstep has only made the journey all that much more fun (who wants to see another overly styled celebot?), and the woman simply radiates self-confidence and a certain kind of glamour that has just the right amount of humor. Here, a pre-Oscar present: 100 photos of Streep in all her shining blonde glory. Click through for eighties-era metallic suits that would make Prabal proud, a suntanned Streep riding the New York City subway, and movie stills of the actress alongside her many leading men. Who else's hair could Robert Redford have washed stream-side in Out of Africa? No one's.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Cannes Day 3: Cotillard, Kroes, and a Box Dress
Male Gaze: We All Pine for Chris Pine
Zhang Ziyi’s Very Versatile Pixie Cut at Cannes
- Cannes Day 3: Cotillard, Kroes, and a Box Dress
- Male Gaze: We All Pine for Chris Pine
- Galliano’s Latest Comeback Move: A TV Interview?
- Report: Aslaug Magnúsdóttir Out at Moda Operandi
- See J.Crew’s CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund Collection
- Cannes: Mara, Kidman, and a Wet Red Carpet
- Zhang Ziyi’s Very Versatile Pixie Cut at Cannes
- Made in America: 18 National Treasures to Try
- Beyoncé Really Is Pregnant, Says E!
- Fake the Bake With Twelve New Self-Tanners
- Rooney Mara Finally Lands Major Fashion Contract
- Michelle Obama Has Retired Her Bangs
- Gaultier Explains the Eurovision Song Contest
- Planned Parenthood Defunder Running for Senate
- Kardashian’s Tortured, Swollen Feet: A Lament