Michelle Williams's stylist Kate Young tells Into the Gloss that she got some last-minute inspiration from Raf Simons's last Jil Sander show on Saturday. "For Michelle, the inspiration was always that we’d do a contrast color lip — we were always saying red, red, red, red," she says. "And then I saw the Jil Sander show ... and it was that completely clean face that had this golden matte look to it, with a vibrant lip, and I sent it to Michelle at like six in the morning Sunday and said, ‘Makeup inspiration?’ and she said yes." Thank goodness, because clearly red lips would have been a disaster: "A red lip would have been boring actually; I’m glad we didn’t do a red lip." Phew, crisis averted!
Kate Middleton Debuts Sad, Droopy Ponytail
Meet Rouge New York, the Blowout Bar of Makeup
Wish List: Nicholas Kirkwood’s Bondage Heels
- Glenn O’Brien Is Now a Priest Named Father G.
- Kate Middleton Debuts Sad, Droopy Ponytail
- John Boehner Teaching GOP How to Talk to Chicks
- Meet Rouge New York, the Blowout Bar of Makeup
- Cities Ranked by Fake Instagram Happiness
- See Sexy Seventies Glamour From American Hustle
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 20 Days to Go!
- An Homage to the Lovely, Feisty Barbara Stanwyck
- Wish List: Nicholas Kirkwood’s Bondage Heels
- Kids Struggle With Platonic Friendship, Too
- Victorian Moms Creepin’ in Photo Portraits
- 16 Pretty Finds in Pantone's Radiant Orchid
- Happy Birthday, Joan Didion!
- Will Nixing ‘Fashion Bloggers’ Fix Fashion Week?
- Date Miley Cyrus by Dressing Exactly Like Her