Kate Middleton has been photographed several times wearing this fake fur-lined jacket. The International Fur Trade Federation (also known as the IFTF, whose mission is "for Fur Fashion, Fur Style") apparently mistook Kate's coat for real animal pelt, and posted her picture under its "Celebrity Buzz" section. This in turn angered PETA, who reached out to Kate's people. Her communications team has issued the following statement to the IFTF: "Her Royal Highness was not wearing fur... We therefore insist that you remove the photo from your social media page and issue an immediate public retraction of your claim. To state that the Duchess is wearing fur is not only false but offensive."
Meet WWLTD: The ‘Opening Ceremony of Mexico’
Weekend Must: Visit Dover Street Market New York
Virgil Abloh Is Inspired by Martha Stewart
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 4 Days to Go!
- The Best Stuff on the Cut This Week
- Male Gaze: The Irresistible Idris Elba
- Meet WWLTD: The ‘Opening Ceremony of Mexico’
- Weekend Must: Visit Dover Street Market New York
- Virgil Abloh Is Inspired by Martha Stewart
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 5 Days to Go!
- Why Spike Jonze’s Her Has High-Waisted Pants
- Poet Starlets Fear Nothing, Not Even Lady Parts
- Now You Can Wear Kitty-Cat Flats On Your Nails
- 2013: The Year in Butts
- Well, This Proposal Video Is a Blatant Ad
- Rich Couples Choose to Use the Bathroom Together
- The Cut’s Fashion Secret Santa: Susie Lau
- 10 Dazzling, Wearable Shoes for New Year’s Eve