"London Fashion Week is on the map," announces Moda Operandi fashion director Roopal Patel. "This is that sense of quirkiness and whimsy we look for in London." Many of her favorite runway looks were also the most daring: A sheer cherry-red top and skirt combo at Jonathan Saunders, a pair of electric-green printed pants at Mary Katrantzou, and a leaf-printed puffer coat at Peter Pilotto. "It's a testament that some of these designers who started out as newbies five years are now global players on the fashion scene," she says. From neon houndstooth to hit-you-over-the-head floral pants, here are Patel's 10 standout pieces from the week.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
When Does PDA Mean a Couple Is Back Together?
Too Much or Too Little: DSM-V’s Gray Area on Sex
Balenciaga’s New Bag: A Versatile Summer Option
- U.N. Pressures Prada to Stop Discrimination
- McCartney’s Asia Tour Culminates With Kate Moss
- Every Outfit Olivia Has Worn on Scandal Season 2
- When Does PDA Mean a Couple Is Back Together?
- Too Much or Too Little: DSM-V’s Gray Area on Sex
- Balenciaga’s New Bag: A Versatile Summer Option
- Issa’s Designer, Daniella Helayel, Quits Label
- Pussy Riot’s Maria Alyokhina Denied Parole
- GIF Lesson: How to Give Thin Hair Extra Volume
- The 45 Most Gorgeous, Famous Gems of All Time
- Barack Obama Prom Pictures
- Watch: Supercut of Pop Culture’s Best Promzillas
- Men No Longer Just Pieces of Meat
- Roitfeld Cast Herself in Seyfried’s Givenchy Ads
- Dirty Levi’s Jeans Sell for $36,100