From color-block fur to jewel-encrusted dresses, Milan's fall collections were all about luxury. "The feel is very sultry, decadent, and ornate," says Moda Operandi's fashion director Roopal Patel. "Really, it's about what the Italians do best." The emerald and plum hues, flocked velvet eveningwear, and elaborate embroidery all had a fresh, elegant feel, resulting in was a particularly dynamic Fashion Week, she says. "You really started to see the signatures of some of these houses strengthened and rising to the top as standouts," after highs and lows in New York and London. Some of her favorites: the breathtaking houndstooth sequin coat at Pucci, Bottega Veneta's twist on the LBD, and metallic gold kicks at Marni. Click ahead to see the rest of her picks from the week.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Cannes Day 3: Cotillard, Kroes, and a Box Dress
Male Gaze: We All Pine for Chris Pine
Zhang Ziyi’s Very Versatile Pixie Cut at Cannes
- Cannes Day 3: Cotillard, Kroes, and a Box Dress
- Male Gaze: We All Pine for Chris Pine
- Galliano’s Latest Comeback Move: A TV Interview?
- Report: Aslaug Magnúsdóttir Out at Moda Operandi
- See J.Crew’s CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund Collection
- Cannes: Mara, Kidman, and a Wet Red Carpet
- Zhang Ziyi’s Very Versatile Pixie Cut at Cannes
- Made in America: 18 National Treasures to Try
- Beyoncé Really Is Pregnant, Says E!
- Fake the Bake With Twelve New Self-Tanners
- Rooney Mara Finally Lands Major Fashion Contract
- Michelle Obama Has Retired Her Bangs
- Gaultier Explains the Eurovision Song Contest
- Planned Parenthood Defunder Running for Senate
- Kardashian’s Tortured, Swollen Feet: A Lament