Three of last season’s breakthrough faces made major headway on Friday’s catwalks. DNA Models’s Kati Nescher – who appears in the spring campaigns for Louis Vuitton, Pringle of Scotland, McQ, and Céline – scored the opening looks at Helmut Lang and rag & bone in for her New York debut. At Suno’s show, American Maria Bradley opened and Brit Lara Mullen closed. Yet our eyes were fixed on Aussie model Shanina Shaik (it just so happens that today is her 21st birthday!) who opened Jason Wu’s impeccably-casted show. When we met with Shaik after walking Victoria’s Secret, she told us she’d love to “explore high-fashion modeling, too,” as she’s often “put-down a lot that I can’t do high fashion, for how I look.” Well, after walking in Chanel’s Paris-Bombay show last month and opening Jason Wu’s latest fall collection, she’s now well on her way to achieving her goals. See all of yesterday’s major opener and closers in the slideshow ahead.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Karolina Kurkova, Steven Tyler, & More at Basel
Matthew Williamson and Gwyneth Are Secret BFFs
Amanda Bynes Enrolled in Fashion-Design School
- Karolina Kurkova, Steven Tyler, & More at Basel
- Newly Vegan Beyoncé Covers Her Body in Pizza
- Matthew Williamson and Gwyneth Are Secret BFFs
- Why Should Fluid Sexuality Be Women-Only?
- Amanda Bynes Enrolled in Fashion-Design School
- Pregnancy Rates Falling in America
- In the Future, We Will All Dress Like Hipsters
- Uptalk Is for Everyone, at Least in California
- 10 Self-Centered Non-Gifts We Want for Christmas
- Viagra Might Be the New Midol
- 30 Fancy Box Clutches for Holiday Parties
- Marion Cotillard’s Non-Dior Moment
- Best of the Week’s Style Blogs: Winter Sneakers
- Best Bet: Guerlain Crazy Paris Meteorite Pearls
- Glenn O’Brien Is Now a Priest Named Father G.