While the majority of people probably didn't start planning their outfits for Fashion Week back in October, even the most jaded show-goers use the week as a chance to put their best foot (feet?) forward. And while everyone likes to think his or her look is the result of careful attention to detail and the cultivation of their unique taste, pesky memes do emerge. Today, we bring you the first installment of our visual field guide to street-style trends, in case you want to take a moment to re-chart your sartorial course. For instance, if you were wondering if your scalloped-ankle-cuffed-trousers worked over your black-heels-with-a-touch-of-metal, rest assured, the answer — according to more than one person — is YES! Click through our slideshow to see the most hyper-specific trendlets, shot outside of Milk Studios at Made fashion week.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Cannes Day 3: Cotillard, Kroes, and a Box Dress
Male Gaze: We All Pine for Chris Pine
Zhang Ziyi’s Very Versatile Pixie Cut at Cannes
- Cannes Day 3: Cotillard, Kroes, and a Box Dress
- Male Gaze: We All Pine for Chris Pine
- Galliano’s Latest Comeback Move: A TV Interview?
- Report: Aslaug Magnúsdóttir Out at Moda Operandi
- See J.Crew’s CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund Collection
- Cannes: Mara, Kidman, and a Wet Red Carpet
- Zhang Ziyi’s Very Versatile Pixie Cut at Cannes
- Made in America: 18 National Treasures to Try
- Beyoncé Really Is Pregnant, Says E!
- Fake the Bake With Twelve New Self-Tanners
- Rooney Mara Finally Lands Major Fashion Contract
- Michelle Obama Has Retired Her Bangs
- Gaultier Explains the Eurovision Song Contest
- Planned Parenthood Defunder Running for Senate
- Kardashian’s Tortured, Swollen Feet: A Lament