While the majority of people probably didn't start planning their outfits for Fashion Week back in October, even the most jaded show-goers use the week as a chance to put their best foot (feet?) forward. And while everyone likes to think his or her look is the result of careful attention to detail and the cultivation of their unique taste, pesky memes do emerge. Today, we bring you the first installment of our visual field guide to street-style trends, in case you want to take a moment to re-chart your sartorial course. For instance, if you were wondering if your scalloped-ankle-cuffed-trousers worked over your black-heels-with-a-touch-of-metal, rest assured, the answer — according to more than one person — is YES! Click through our slideshow to see the most hyper-specific trendlets, shot outside of Milk Studios at Made fashion week.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Adam Levine Doesn’t Brush His Teeth
Meet Naja, the Do-Good Lingerie Line
Dame Edna, Bearer of Holiday Cheer
- Science Asks: Is Sex a Workout?
- ‘Hard-Wired’ Sex Differences Are Meaningless
- Adam Levine Doesn’t Brush His Teeth
- Lena Dunham and Judy Blume Talk Sixth-Grade Lies
- Meet Naja, the Do-Good Lingerie Line
- Dame Edna, Bearer of Holiday Cheer
- Ms. Blue Ivy Carter, Too Cool for Pre-School
- Happy Birthday, Jeff Bridges!
- Famous Person Dares to Wear Dress More Than Once
- WSJ Columnist: Time Warner Is a ‘Little Girl’
- Watch Lily McMenamy Do Crazy-Ass Yoga in Céline
- Katy Perry Says Volunteer for the Insta-Pix
- Shailene Woodley’s Beauty Mantra: ‘You Do You’
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 21 Days to Go!
- A First Glimpse of Beyoncé and Jay’s Vegan Life