Milliner Stephen Jones — the man behind the pimp-meets-Mad-Hatter headgear in the fall 2012 Marc Jacobs show — says he started working on the 60 oversize hats back in November. "Marc had this idea about the face being surrounded by volume and about beauty," he told Vogue UK. "We researched Edwardian shapes and Veronica Lake shapes." Jones designed hats for Victoria Beckham this season as well, and, back in London, he did toppers for Issa London, Giles Deacon, and Kinder Aggugini. He will also present an exhibit on hats titled "Headonism" at Somerset House. So, in case you didn't already know, hats are definitely happening.
Cannes Day 3: Cotillard, Kroes, and a Box Dress
Male Gaze: We All Pine for Chris Pine
Zhang Ziyi’s Very Versatile Pixie Cut at Cannes
- Cannes Day 3: Cotillard, Kroes, and a Box Dress
- Male Gaze: We All Pine for Chris Pine
- Galliano’s Latest Comeback Move: A TV Interview?
- Report: Aslaug Magnúsdóttir Out at Moda Operandi
- See J.Crew’s CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund Collection
- Cannes: Mara, Kidman, and a Wet Red Carpet
- Zhang Ziyi’s Very Versatile Pixie Cut at Cannes
- Made in America: 18 National Treasures to Try
- Beyoncé Really Is Pregnant, Says E!
- Fake the Bake With Twelve New Self-Tanners
- Rooney Mara Finally Lands Major Fashion Contract
- Michelle Obama Has Retired Her Bangs
- Gaultier Explains the Eurovision Song Contest
- Planned Parenthood Defunder Running for Senate
- Kardashian’s Tortured, Swollen Feet: A Lament