• Get a behind-the-scenes look at designers like Marc Jacobs and Karl Lagerfeld at work, as director Loïc Prigent presents his three fashion-focused documentaries at the Reel Fashion at FIAF screening series. Free admission with RSVP to email@example.com. French Institute Alliance Française (212-355-6100). Screening dates, times, and locations vary; see fiaf.org for more details.
• Shoes and accessories from the fall/winter 2011 line are 60 percent off at Fratelli Rossetti. 625 Madison Ave., nr. 58th St. (212-888-5107); W-F (10-6:30).
• Receive up to 75 percent off designer clothing, shoes, and accessories for men, women, and children, as well as gifts for the home, at the Barney's Warehouse Sale. 255 W. 17th St., nr. Seventh Ave. (212-450-8400); See website for hours. Through 2/26.
• Eyewear is up to 50 percent off at the Morgenthal Frederics semi-annual sale. 399 W. Broadway, nr. Spring St.; M–F (10–7), Sa (11–7), Su (noon–6), through 2/26.
• Current-season coats, shirts, trousers, sweaters, shoes, scarves, and ties are up to 60 percent off at the Project No. 8 final markdown sale. Designers include Dries Van Noten, Adam Kimmel, Henrik Vibskov, and more. 38 Orchard St., at Hester St. (212-925-5599); daily (noon–7), through 2/28.
• Get 50 percent off the fall-winter collection at DIGS in-store and online. The wool blend peacoat is $105 (originally $210), the military-style wool blend coat is $112 (originally $225), and the lurex cardigan with gold-stripe back is $75 (originally $150). 284 Lafayette St.; M-W (11-7), Th-Sa (11-8), Su (noon-6); 1054 Third Ave., at 62nd St. (212-226-3363); daily, 11-8. Through 2/28.
• Home accessories and kitchenware are 50 to 70 percent off at the Alessi warehouse sale. The Cintura di Orione stockpot is $144 (originally $288), the Mediterraneo tea light holder is $10.80 (originally $36), and the Birds and Clouds sushi set is $31.50 (originally $105). 30 E. 60th St., nr. Madison Ave. (212-317-9880) and 130 Greene St., nr. Prince St. (212-941-7300); M–S (11–6), Su (noon–6). Through 2/29.
Most Viewed Stories
American Apparel Files for Bankruptcy
‘Truly Ugly Guy With Glasses’ Is Europe’s Most Virile Man
Ellie Kemper Thinks Kimmy Schmidt Would Fit in Well in Greenpoint
Céline’s Woman-Friendly Triumph
Guess What? Americans Love Planned Parenthood
It’s Harder to Be Thin Than It Was in the ’80s
Witness a Photographer’s Affair With Los Angeles
Why Do I Jerk Awake Right As I’m Falling Asleep?
The Big Secret of Every Dating App: Tech Doesn’t Matter
From Up Close, Raf Simons’s Vision for Dior Is Clear
From Our Partners
How This Woman Lost 30 Pounds After Years of Ignoring Her Weight Gain
Warning: You're About to Be Totally Obsessed With This Tiny, Stylish Dog
5 Must-Have Products for Your Makeup Bag
Tinder is Trash
powered by PubExchange
The Cut’s Latest Shopping FeaturesOutfit of the Week: A Smart Way to Layer Basics
One more way to make weekdays easier.Cool Cocktail Dresses Inspired by the Philippines
From the up-and-comers behind Mestiza.Treat-Yourself Friday: A Utilitarian Leather Jacket
Perfect for the unpredictable weather.38 Pairs of Boots to Buy This Fall
Because pedicure season is finally over.41 Downright-Gorgeous New Pieces for Your Home
From kingly bedding to froggy rugs to Georg Jensen glass.5 Discerning New Yorkers on Their Favorite Finds for the Home
Project Runway’s Tim Gunn, celebrity stylist June Ambrose, and more choose the city’s finest boutiques, furniture restorers, specialty shops, designers, and cleaners.Marni’s Fabulously Shaggy Winter Coats Are Here
Fluffy and fantastic.18 of the Best Fall Jackets Under $300
Welcome to layering season.Cheap Thrill: COS’s Wide-Leg Pants
A versatile transition piece.Outfit of the Week: Light Fall Layers
No jacket needed.
The best work-friendly pieces, the perfect trench, and everything else you need right now.Treat Yourself Friday: A Quirky Bucket Bag
A playful take on the trend.Balenciaga’s New Shoes Are a ’90s Dream
Angela Chase would approve.Altuzarra’s First Bags Debut at Barneys New York
Introducing the Ghianda collection.115 Ways to Scream ‘Status’
The thing to have right now if you’re an Italian chef, an Upper East Side lady, a leather daddy, or a Dalton senior. (We know because we asked.)Cheap Thrill: Kenzo’s Flirty Pleated Skirt
A go-with-everything skirt on sale.Outfit of the Week: A Work-Friendly Combo
The ideal pieces to wear as we head into fall.Winter Doomsday Preppers: This Coat Is for You
Warm, fuzzy, and a street-style hit.Spring 2016 Runway Trends to Buy Now
Who wants to wait until next year?The Start-up Helping You Cash In on Designer Bags
So you don't have the hassle of another consignment store.