Tavi Gevinson is returning to New York Fashion Week for the seventh time, and this time she let The Cut invade her bedroom in Oak Park, Illinois, to watch her pack. Older and wiser, she's learned a few things since her first season back in 2009. "You just have to make sure that you plan the outfits ahead of time because you don't want to have to waste time in the morning going crazy over small decisions," she explains, folding a pink tulle skirt and placing it neatly into her overstuffed suitcase. Tavi has bigger things to worry about anyway these days, now that her website, Rookie (which has an advertising partnership with New York Media) has launched. Get an exclusive preview of her outfit choices and hear about her Fashion Week agenda in our video.
The Hair Stories Behind American Hustle
Sarah Jessica Parker Longs to Take the Bus
Should Women in Their Forties Model Underwear?
- Taylor Swift Uses Her Phone to Put on Makeup
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 15 Days to Go!
- The Hair Stories Behind American Hustle
- New York Winter Weddings Issue Is Live!
- Wish List: 3.1 Phillip Lim’s Quinn Loafer
- Daniel Radcliffe Has a Greasy New Bob
- Qantas Staff Doesn’t Want to Look Like Kerr
- Pre-Fall’s Best: Jason Wu, Rag & Bone, and More
- Sarah Jessica Parker Longs to Take the Bus
- Rodarte Sent Rihanna Boob Tassels for Christmas
- Should Women in Their Forties Model Underwear?
- 7 Things Lady Gaga’s Dreads Actually Look Like
- Retail Task Force Tries to Fix Racial Profiling
- Putin to Free Pussy Riot, Maybe
- Paparazzi Spoils Emma Stone’s Good Times in L.A.