We know them all on a first-name basis: Cindy, Naomi, Christy, Linda, and Kate. Their work has shaped the modeling industry, starting with Evangelista's hand-over-eye Harper's Bazaar cover, Moss's youthful grin on the Face, and Campbell's groundbreaking French Vogue booking, which made her the first black model to bag the gig. Unsurprisingly, these very same ladies continue to land cover after cover. Most recently, Claudia Schiffer had fun in a sunhat for British Harper's Bazaar, Kristen McMenamy let down her mane of gray hair for Love, and Eva Herzigova tugged at her lapels for Spanish Marie Claire. We gathered some of the supermodels' legendary covers along with their high-profile ones of late — take a look at how much better they've gotten over the years.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Cannes Day 3: Cotillard, Kroes, and a Box Dress
Male Gaze: We All Pine for Chris Pine
Zhang Ziyi’s Very Versatile Pixie Cut at Cannes
- Cannes Day 3: Cotillard, Kroes, and a Box Dress
- Male Gaze: We All Pine for Chris Pine
- Galliano’s Latest Comeback Move: A TV Interview?
- Report: Aslaug Magnúsdóttir Out at Moda Operandi
- See J.Crew’s CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund Collection
- Cannes: Mara, Kidman, and a Wet Red Carpet
- Zhang Ziyi’s Very Versatile Pixie Cut at Cannes
- Made in America: 18 National Treasures to Try
- Beyoncé Really Is Pregnant, Says E!
- Fake the Bake With Twelve New Self-Tanners
- Rooney Mara Finally Lands Major Fashion Contract
- Michelle Obama Has Retired Her Bangs
- Gaultier Explains the Eurovision Song Contest
- Planned Parenthood Defunder Running for Senate
- Kardashian’s Tortured, Swollen Feet: A Lament