At “The CFDA at 50: The Presidents Speak” series, held at the Fashion Institute of Technology on Tuesday, Diane Von Furstenberg remembered the first time she met then-Vogue editor Diana Vreeland: “I was very, very nervous and intimidated in [her] office," she said. "Everyone was so glamorous and I was so unattractive and fat [because I was pregnant] ... I brought in this rack and started to show the clothes I had brought and heard her coming into the office ... There she was with her red nail polish and big cigarette holder. ‘Chin up, chin up, chin up,’ she told me and then said, ‘Oh, wonderful,’ and then I was out of the office."
Cannes Day 3: Cotillard, Kroes, and a Box Dress
Male Gaze: We All Pine for Chris Pine
Zhang Ziyi’s Very Versatile Pixie Cut at Cannes
- Negative Space: 11 White Dresses With Cutouts
- Cannes Day 3: Cotillard, Kroes, and a Box Dress
- Male Gaze: We All Pine for Chris Pine
- Galliano’s Latest Comeback Move: A TV Interview?
- Report: Aslaug Magnúsdóttir Out at Moda Operandi
- See J.Crew’s CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund Collection
- Cannes: Mara, Kidman, and a Wet Red Carpet
- Zhang Ziyi’s Very Versatile Pixie Cut at Cannes
- Made in America: 18 National Treasures to Try
- Beyoncé Really Is Pregnant, Says E!
- Fake the Bake With Twelve New Self-Tanners
- Rooney Mara Finally Lands Major Fashion Contract
- Michelle Obama Has Retired Her Bangs
- Gaultier Explains the Eurovision Song Contest
- Planned Parenthood Defunder Running for Senate