At “The CFDA at 50: The Presidents Speak” series, held at the Fashion Institute of Technology on Tuesday, Diane Von Furstenberg remembered the first time she met then-Vogue editor Diana Vreeland: “I was very, very nervous and intimidated in [her] office," she said. "Everyone was so glamorous and I was so unattractive and fat [because I was pregnant] ... I brought in this rack and started to show the clothes I had brought and heard her coming into the office ... There she was with her red nail polish and big cigarette holder. ‘Chin up, chin up, chin up,’ she told me and then said, ‘Oh, wonderful,’ and then I was out of the office."
Beyoncé Just Dropped an Album With No Warning
SNL Auditioned Black Female Cast Members
How to Wish List Like a Pro: Wanelo Wish Lists
- Beyoncé Just Dropped an Album With No Warning
- SNL Auditioned Black Female Cast Members
- Susan Sarandon Was High at Most Hollywood Events
- How to Wish List Like a Pro: Wanelo Wish Lists
- Givenchy Casts Erykah Badu in Ads, High Five!
- There’s a Six-Hour Line for the Trendiest Selfie
- The Best and Worst of December Fashion Magazines
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 13 Days to Go!
- Meet SAMMA: A Minimal, Pared-Down Jewelry Line
- Help: I’m a People-Pleaser, and I Hate It
- Lorde and Taylor Swift Are Now Bosom Buddies
- See: Flash Mob Ballet at Van Cleef & Arpels
- Adam Levine Brings You Sexiest Health-Care Alive
- How Rich Do These Magazine Editors Think We Are?
- The Year in Street Style: Céline Wins!