Where does one go after staging a fashion show on a plane? Why, into a mineral cave, of course! Or, as Joe Zee very aptly noted, perhaps the set of Superman II — the part where they go to the North Pole, obviously. Either way, models at this morning's Chanel show navigated their way around clusters of giant mineral formations poking skyward from the catwalk. They wore tiny crystals affixed to their eyebrows (which also resembled ice particles or tinsel), chunky jewelry encrusted with semi-precious stones, and purses designed to look like geodes. In keeping with the theme, the clothes were also jewel-toned, with lots of amethyst purple, topaz yellow, and emerald green. Even Karl Lagerfeld wore violet gloves to take his bow, being the team player that he is.
Kim Kardashian Insta-Idolizes Elizabeth Taylor
The Hair Stories Behind American Hustle
Sarah Jessica Parker Longs to Take the Bus
- Sheryl Sandberg’s Favorite Shampoo Commercial
- Kate Winslet Just Had a Baby Boy
- Kim Kardashian Insta-Idolizes Elizabeth Taylor
- Taylor Swift Uses Her Phone to Put on Makeup
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 15 Days to Go!
- The Hair Stories Behind American Hustle
- New York Winter Weddings Issue Is Live!
- Wish List: 3.1 Phillip Lim’s Quinn Loafer
- Daniel Radcliffe Has a Greasy New Bob
- Qantas Staff Doesn’t Want to Look Like Kerr
- Pre-Fall’s Best: Jason Wu, Rag & Bone, and More
- Sarah Jessica Parker Longs to Take the Bus
- Rodarte Sent Rihanna Boob Tassels for Christmas
- Should Women in Their Forties Model Underwear?
- 7 Things Lady Gaga’s Dreads Actually Look Like