Where does one go after staging a fashion show on a plane? Why, into a mineral cave, of course! Or, as Joe Zee very aptly noted, perhaps the set of Superman II — the part where they go to the North Pole, obviously. Either way, models at this morning's Chanel show navigated their way around clusters of giant mineral formations poking skyward from the catwalk. They wore tiny crystals affixed to their eyebrows (which also resembled ice particles or tinsel), chunky jewelry encrusted with semi-precious stones, and purses designed to look like geodes. In keeping with the theme, the clothes were also jewel-toned, with lots of amethyst purple, topaz yellow, and emerald green. Even Karl Lagerfeld wore violet gloves to take his bow, being the team player that he is.
Cannes Day 3: Cotillard, Kroes, and a Box Dress
Male Gaze: We All Pine for Chris Pine
Zhang Ziyi’s Very Versatile Pixie Cut at Cannes
- Cannes Day 3: Cotillard, Kroes, and a Box Dress
- Male Gaze: We All Pine for Chris Pine
- Galliano’s Latest Comeback Move: A TV Interview?
- Report: Aslaug Magnúsdóttir Out at Moda Operandi
- See J.Crew’s CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund Collection
- Cannes: Mara, Kidman, and a Wet Red Carpet
- Zhang Ziyi’s Very Versatile Pixie Cut at Cannes
- Made in America: 18 National Treasures to Try
- Beyoncé Really Is Pregnant, Says E!
- Fake the Bake With Twelve New Self-Tanners
- Rooney Mara Finally Lands Major Fashion Contract
- Michelle Obama Has Retired Her Bangs
- Gaultier Explains the Eurovision Song Contest
- Planned Parenthood Defunder Running for Senate
- Kardashian’s Tortured, Swollen Feet: A Lament