After several short days of industry speculation, Hennes & Mauritz announced that it will open a new set of freestanding shops come 2013. Karl-Johan Persson, H&M's chief executive officer, told WWD, “Like COS, which today is very successful with good profitability, the new chain of stores will be independent and complement the other offerings from the group ... We have great faith in this new brand and we see considerable potential for further initiatives." Conveniently left unmentioned: the new brand's price point, previously rumored to be in the luxury realm. So, what should Persson name the baby? H&M Luxe? Or perhaps something flashier, like Masstige Markup?
Cannes Day 3: Cotillard, Kroes, and a Box Dress
Male Gaze: We All Pine for Chris Pine
Zhang Ziyi’s Very Versatile Pixie Cut at Cannes
- Negative Space: 11 White Dresses With Cutouts
- Cannes Day 3: Cotillard, Kroes, and a Box Dress
- Male Gaze: We All Pine for Chris Pine
- Galliano’s Latest Comeback Move: A TV Interview?
- Report: Aslaug Magnúsdóttir Out at Moda Operandi
- See J.Crew’s CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund Collection
- Cannes: Mara, Kidman, and a Wet Red Carpet
- Zhang Ziyi’s Very Versatile Pixie Cut at Cannes
- Made in America: 18 National Treasures to Try
- Beyoncé Really Is Pregnant, Says E!
- Fake the Bake With Twelve New Self-Tanners
- Rooney Mara Finally Lands Major Fashion Contract
- Michelle Obama Has Retired Her Bangs
- Gaultier Explains the Eurovision Song Contest
- Planned Parenthood Defunder Running for Senate