Extremely sad news out of Baghdad: Dozens of Iraqi teenagers and 20-somethings have been killed for embracing emo clothing and hairstyles, being gay, or yielding to Western influence. The tight jeans and spiky 'do trend just took hold in the Islamic country, but policemen and clerics are already calling it a form of satanism. Noof al-Assi, a recent graduate of Baghdad’s Fine Arts College, explained, “The problem really is religious people. If we were a normal country, this would be a normal style, but in Iraq, we have these crazy militias who make an excuse to kill people.” Members of the Shi'ite armed groups are circulating lists naming their next targets, if they don't drop the emo look.
Outfit of the Week: Warm, Wintry Colors
Eyelid Art Is the New Nail Art
Lab Rat: Are Honey Masks Terrible and Sticky?
- Outfit of the Week: Warm, Wintry Colors
- Eyelid Art Is the New Nail Art
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 16 Days to Go!
- Michelle Obama Got a Farrah Fawcett Hairdo
- Why We Can't Let Men Off the Hook on Housework
- Lab Rat: Are Honey Masks Terrible and Sticky?
- Nicki Minaj Got a Boob Cake for Her Birthday
- The Cut’s Fashion Secret Santa: Simon Doonan
- Obstinate Seal Traps Newlyweds on Remote Island
- Amy Adams Didn’t Do Boob Tape in American Hustle
- Joanna Coles Lets Her 36-Year-Old Assistant Blog
- Beyoncé Wears Cow Print, Displays Sense of Humor
- Best Bet: Property Metallic Sack
- Selfie Yearbook 2013: Celebrity Superlatives
- 70 Fancy Gifts to Pine for This Holiday Season