Top model Liya Kebede's latest movie role is as Queen Paya, the leader of an Amazonian-esque tribe in a fictional country called Palombia (which sounds like the name of a ropy house wine). Kebede is part of the cast of Sur la piste du Marsupilami, a new French children's film (based on a popular series of Belgian comics) about a reporter's hunt through Palombian jungles for a mystical, maybe-real, maybe-not animal, the titular "marsupilami." According to the trailer, Kebede's Paya is very pretty (naturally), a great dancer, and can do magical things with balls of light. The film premiered in Paris Monday night and debuts in theaters there next week. No word yet on a U.S. release date.
SNL Auditioned Black Female Cast Members
How to Wish List Like a Pro: Wanelo Wish Lists
Givenchy Casts Erykah Badu in Ads, High Five!
- SNL Auditioned Black Female Cast Members
- Susan Sarandon Was High at Most Hollywood Events
- How to Wish List Like a Pro: Wanelo Wish Lists
- Givenchy Casts Erykah Badu in Ads, High Five!
- There’s a Six-Hour Line for the Trendiest Selfie
- The Best and Worst of December Fashion Magazines
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 13 Days to Go!
- Meet SAMMA: A Minimal, Pared-Down Jewelry Line
- Help: I’m a People-Pleaser, and I Hate It
- Lorde and Taylor Swift Are Now Bosom Buddies
- See: Flash Mob Ballet at Van Cleef & Arpels
- Adam Levine Brings You Sexiest Health-Care Alive
- How Rich Do These Magazine Editors Think We Are?
- The Year in Street Style: Céline Wins!
- Kate Middleton Dares to Wear a Dress Three Times