• The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and L’Oréal are collaborating on a $1.2 million research project aimed to create alternatives to animal testing. [WWD]
• Jessica Chastain on donning a blonde wig for The Help: "A wig changes your hairline and it’s like putting a mask on so that when you look in the mirror, you immediately feel different," she says. "With the blonde wig, I felt this kind of airiness. And I don’t mean that blondes are airheads but it’s just this lightness I had!" [Grazia]
• An Alaskan beauty pageant queen shaved her head after reaching her fundraising goal of $2,500 — which she donated to a childhood cancer research foundation. "Our biggest goal is to bring a sense of normalcy to kids," says Debbe Ebben, also known as Miss Chugiak-Eagle River. "And to let them know that bald can be beautiful." [HuffPo]
• French actress Emmanuelle Béart says she is traumatized after undergoing a botched lip job. “It is a grave act in which you don’t necessarily foresee all the consequences,” she says. “Just the idea of an injection these days devastates me. So I don’t know how I will get through these stages [of middle and old age].” [NY Daily News]
• In an effort to stop aging before it even starts, younger and younger women are electing to have "preventative aging" cosmetic procedures — Botox use among 20- to 29-year-olds grew 10 percent in the last year alone. [ABC]
• A new study finds that eating more fruits and vegetables may lead to a better-looking complexion, thanks to the carotenoids in produce. [Time]
• Christian Courtin-Clarins, president of the Clarins Group supervisory board, was awarded the French Legion of Honour. [WWD]
Most Viewed Stories
‘Weed Dick’ Is the New Way for Men to Sexually Disappoint You
The Big Secret of Every Dating App: Tech Doesn’t Matter
How to Get Out of Any Party Conversation
Amber Rose, Populist Slut Hero of Our Time
Cindy Crawford on Bagels, Instagirls, and Bringing the Supermodel Era to TV
7 Alternatives to Those Sold-Out L.L. Bean Boots
You Think You’re Too Classy to Drink Champagne From a Bong?
Why Do I Jerk Awake Right As I’m Falling Asleep?
All the Ceilings Women Keep Hitting Their Heads On
From Our Partners
Thrillist: Things No Self-Respecting Adult Should Be Doing on Facebook
Marco Rubio: Stop Trying to Regulate Tech Giants Like Uber
This 30-Day Squat Challenge Will Transform Your Body
Fabulous Find of the Week: Forever 21 Trench Coat
powered by PubExchange
The Cut’s Latest Beauty FeaturesJohn Galliano Doesn’t Do Instagram Eyebrows
Put down the brow pencil.Chanel Brings Back the Pigtail
You're going to want two of everything.Adriana Lima on Boxing, Brazilian Beauty Secrets
"It's in the water, I think."Assessing Steven Klein’s NARS Collaboration
Does the famed photographer's aesthetic translate to lipstick?The One Beauty Item That Keeps Popping Up at Fashion Month
A new makeup-artist favorite.Right Now the Exercise Pill Is Nothing But a Beautiful Fantasy
It isn't happening anytime soon.This Terrifying Face Mask Is a New Korean Beauty Trend
You'll look like a serial killer, but it gives you extra-soft skin.Phoebe Philo Does Not Believe in Hair Extensions
About the strong beauty look from Sunday’s show.Even Barbie Wants Kim Kardashian’s Makeup Artist
Life in plastic, it's fantastic.This Is How You Should Smell for Fall
Hint: not like a pumpkin.
What "past future perfect" means in terms of hair and makeup.Why Does My Heart Feel Like It’s Exploding?
A girl's guide to chest pain.The World’s Easiest Way to Highlight Your Face
How to strobe like a pro.A Pregnant Supermodel Explains What She Eats
"Don't be afraid of the fat."It’s Harder to Be Thin Than It Was in the ’80s
Hate you, boomers.Inside a Beauty Editor’s Insane Skin-Care Routine
A minimum of 12 products.Pat McGrath Wants You Dipped in Gold
The legendary makeup artist launches an exclusive product.Let’s All Get High on Cold-Pressed Juice!
Juice Crawls just killed nightlife.John Legend on His Sitcom Pilot With Chrissy Teigen
"A modern-day romantic comedy."3 Fall Polishes to Express Your Inner Angst
For the #FallGoth inside you.