In contrast to the sumptuous fabrics and dreamy lighting seen on the sidewalks of Milan, Parisian street style seems cooler and more conceptual so far. There were bright moments like Hanne Gaby Odiele's fetching Dries coat (how great has she been looking this fashion month?), but we also found riskier silhouettes, more black, and quite a few short haircuts on women. Click through our slideshow to see Anna Dello Russo looking resplendent in a Fausto Puglisi gladiator peplum, baseball jackets made of electric-blue silk, shoes embellished with everything from giraffes to sequins to angry faces, and so much more.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Cannes Day 3: Cotillard, Kroes, and a Box Dress
Male Gaze: We All Pine for Chris Pine
Zhang Ziyi’s Very Versatile Pixie Cut at Cannes
- Cannes Day 3: Cotillard, Kroes, and a Box Dress
- Male Gaze: We All Pine for Chris Pine
- Galliano’s Latest Comeback Move: A TV Interview?
- Report: Aslaug Magnúsdóttir Out at Moda Operandi
- See J.Crew’s CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund Collection
- Cannes: Mara, Kidman, and a Wet Red Carpet
- Zhang Ziyi’s Very Versatile Pixie Cut at Cannes
- Made in America: 18 National Treasures to Try
- Beyoncé Really Is Pregnant, Says E!
- Fake the Bake With Twelve New Self-Tanners
- Rooney Mara Finally Lands Major Fashion Contract
- Michelle Obama Has Retired Her Bangs
- Gaultier Explains the Eurovision Song Contest
- Planned Parenthood Defunder Running for Senate
- Kardashian’s Tortured, Swollen Feet: A Lament