For his new role as the Creative Director at Diet Coke, Jean Paul Gaultier appears in a series of videos starring himself as "The Serial Designer," a character who comes to the rescue of hapless, badly-dressed marionettes. The latest installation features Bernadette, a puppet who has a nightmare that she's too hungover to go to a job interview. Luckily, Gaultier appears in her dream just in time to zip her into a nice stripy Gaultier dress and send her on her way. (There's a creepy moment when he's slyly removing her bathrobe and you're like, "Oh God, this can't be happening! Not the puppet!" But don't worry, he's just undressing her so that he can put her in a better outfit.) Anyway, Bernadette recounts her dream to her shrink — also played by Gaultier — who hopefully tells her she might have a drinking problem.
Male Gaze: The Naked Warwick Rowers Are Baaack
See: A Harper’s Cover Shot by Erik Madigan Heck
Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- 12 Fisherman Sweaters for Winter
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 17 Days to Go!
- Rebecca Black Finally Made It to ‘Saturday’
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 18 Days to Go!
- The Best of the Cut This Week
- Male Gaze: The Naked Warwick Rowers Are Baaack
- The 11 Best Pre-Fall 2014 Looks (So Far)
- See: A Harper’s Cover Shot by Erik Madigan Heck
- Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- Decoding the Campy, Disheveled Girls Poster
- Burn After Reading: 2013 Holiday Candle Guide
- Time Editor Is a One-Woman Paycheck Fairness Act
- Facebook Could Add a ‘Sympathize’ Button
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 19 Days to Go!
- Decoding Drew’s Nails to Learn About Her Womb