With the highly anticipated Hunger Games movie finally in theaters, we decided to test regular New Yorkers (including model Chad White and ANTM alum Eugena Washington) on whether they could tell the difference between makeup from a fantasy movie and the runways. This meant a trip to the Make Up For Ever studio, where the incredible Jenn Karsten and Jessie Powers transformed the faces of four Cut staffers using makeup inspired by the Hunger Games and the fall 2012 Chanel and Bernhard Willhelm shows, before heading up to Union Square. (Cue the surreptitious glances and occasional pointing.) See the full range of reactions — from "The minute I saw you, I said, 'Oh my God, that's one of RuPaul's models,'" to "Are you using your makeup to oppress people and keep people down?" — in our video.
The College Magazine the Fashion World Respects
When Does PDA Mean a Couple Is Back Together?
Too Much or Too Little: DSM-V’s Gray Area on Sex
- Cannes Day 9: Princess Charlene and Heidi Klum
- The College Magazine the Fashion World Respects
- U.N. Pressures Prada to Stop Discrimination
- McCartney’s Asia Tour Culminates With Kate Moss
- Every Outfit Olivia Has Worn on Scandal Season 2
- When Does PDA Mean a Couple Is Back Together?
- Too Much or Too Little: DSM-V’s Gray Area on Sex
- Balenciaga’s New Bag: A Versatile Summer Option
- Issa’s Designer, Daniella Helayel, Quits Label
- Pussy Riot’s Maria Alyokhina Denied Parole
- GIF Lesson: How to Give Thin Hair Extra Volume
- The 45 Most Gorgeous, Famous Gems of All Time
- Barack Obama Prom Pictures
- Watch: Supercut of Pop Culture’s Best Promzillas
- Men No Longer Just Pieces of Meat