With the highly anticipated Hunger Games movie finally in theaters, we decided to test regular New Yorkers (including model Chad White and ANTM alum Eugena Washington) on whether they could tell the difference between makeup from a fantasy movie and the runways. This meant a trip to the Make Up For Ever studio, where the incredible Jenn Karsten and Jessie Powers transformed the faces of four Cut staffers using makeup inspired by the Hunger Games and the fall 2012 Chanel and Bernhard Willhelm shows, before heading up to Union Square. (Cue the surreptitious glances and occasional pointing.) See the full range of reactions — from "The minute I saw you, I said, 'Oh my God, that's one of RuPaul's models,'" to "Are you using your makeup to oppress people and keep people down?" — in our video.
Defense Bill Deal Delays Sexual Assault Vote
Outfit of the Week: Warm, Wintry Colors
Eyelid Art Is the New Nail Art
- Defense Bill Deal Delays Sexual Assault Vote
- Outfit of the Week: Warm, Wintry Colors
- Eyelid Art Is the New Nail Art
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 16 Days to Go!
- Michelle Obama Got a Farrah Fawcett Hairdo
- Why We Can't Let Men Off the Hook on Housework
- Lab Rat: Are Honey Masks Terrible and Sticky?
- Nicki Minaj Got a Boob Cake for Her Birthday
- The Cut’s Fashion Secret Santa: Simon Doonan
- Obstinate Seal Traps Newlyweds on Remote Island
- Amy Adams Didn’t Do Boob Tape in American Hustle
- Joanna Coles Lets Her 36-Year-Old Assistant Blog
- Beyoncé Wears Cow Print, Displays Sense of Humor
- Best Bet: Property Metallic Sack
- Selfie Yearbook 2013: Celebrity Superlatives