Some smart folks over in the U.K. have invented a machine called a Bodymetrics pod, which somewhat resembles a stand-up tanning bed (not that we've ever used one of those) and scans your body's 3-D measurements. After it maps your body, the pod classifies you as one of three different shapes, all kindly named after precious stones ("emerald" is the slim shape, "ruby" is the curvaceous shape, and "sapphire" is in between). Then it recommends specific denim brands and styles that will supposedly fit you best. Bodymetrics believes that retailers will be willing to pay for the machines because they'll make up the costs in denim sales. They expect to have at least 100 pods in various U.S. retail locations in the next two years (Bloomingdale's has already started testing them). No word on whether their recommendations are all that helpful, but the technology is intriguing nonetheless.
The College Magazine the Fashion World Respects
When Does PDA Mean a Couple Is Back Together?
Too Much or Too Little: DSM-V’s Gray Area on Sex
- Cannes Day 9: Princess Charlene and Heidi Klum
- The College Magazine the Fashion World Respects
- U.N. Pressures Prada to Stop Discrimination
- McCartney’s Asia Tour Culminates With Kate Moss
- Every Outfit Olivia Has Worn on Scandal Season 2
- When Does PDA Mean a Couple Is Back Together?
- Too Much or Too Little: DSM-V’s Gray Area on Sex
- Balenciaga’s New Bag: A Versatile Summer Option
- Issa’s Designer, Daniella Helayel, Quits Label
- Pussy Riot’s Maria Alyokhina Denied Parole
- GIF Lesson: How to Give Thin Hair Extra Volume
- The 45 Most Gorgeous, Famous Gems of All Time
- Barack Obama Prom Pictures
- Watch: Supercut of Pop Culture’s Best Promzillas
- Men No Longer Just Pieces of Meat