• Get practical advice and tips for incorporating bold colors into your makeup routine at this Urban Girl Squad–sponsored event. Experts from Space.NK will refresh your face with a mini-facial or peel before helping you find your best shades for a bold lip or dramatic eye. Tickets ($35) are available at urbangirlsquad.com. 99 Greene St., nr. Prince St. (212-941-4200); 7–9.
• Check out a fashion show and panel discussion with Harper's Bazaar senior web editor Joyann King and Bloomberg News correspondent Gigi Stone during a celebration for the launch of the Akris Punto shop at Bloomingdale's. Ten percent of the event's sales will be donated to the Opportunity Network, a nonprofit dedicated to providing high-achieving high school students with access to college and careers. RSVP by e-mailing email@example.com. 1000 Third Ave., at 59th St., second fl. (212-705-2000); 6–8.
• Meet Derek Lam as he introduces his new collection, 10 Crosby Derek Lam, at Bloomingdale's. 1000 Third Ave., at 59th St., second fl. (212-705-2000); 6 p.m.
• Tommy Hilfiger sits down with New York Fashion Week creator Fern Mallis as part of her Fashion Icons series at 92nd Street Y. Get involved in the conversation by posting your questions for Hilfiger on the 92Y Facebook page. Tickets (from $29) are available at 92y.org. Kaufmann Concert Hall, 1395 Lexington Ave., nr. 92nd St. (212-415-5500); 8 p.m.
• Menswear and womenswear items are 30 to 70 percent off at David Yurman's spring sample sale. Ten percent of proceeds from the sale will be donated to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation. 135 W. 18th St., nr. Sixth Ave.; Th (3–8), F-Sa (10–7), Su (11–5). Through 3/11.
• Menswear from Bonobos is marked down at Clothingline, with pants for $50 (originally $88-$195), shirts for $35 (originally $80-$108), and polos for $25 (originally $55-$68). 261 36th St., nr. Seventh Ave., second fl; W–Th (11–7), F (11–6).
• Ready-to-wear clothes and accessories are up to 80 percent off at Roberta Freymann's annual sample sale. Block-printed merchandise for men, women, and children and home items from the Roberta Roller Rabbit lifestyle brand are discounted as well. The Berry long dress is $50 (originally $145), the Santa Fe bib necklace is $50 (originally $250), and the 26-inch Elsa pillow is $30 (originally $75). 260 Fifth Ave., nr. 28th St.; W–F (11–6), Sa (11–3). Through 3/10.
• All furniture and accessories are 15 percent off at Kartell. 39 Greene St., nr. Grand St.; (212-966-6665). Through 3/19.
• Take 70 percent off handmade jewelry at Scosha in-store and online. 64 Grand St., at Wythe Ave., Williamsburg (718-387-4618); T-Sa (noon–6), Su (noon–5); scosha.com. Through 3/11.
• Stop by Katherine Hooker's first-ever New York pop-up shop for the debut of her spring-summer 2012 RTW dress-jacket line. Pieces will be available in U.S. sizes 4 through 12. 102 Thompson St., nr. Prince St.; M–F (11–8), Sa–Su (10–7). Through 3/11.
Most Viewed Stories
Mary-Kate Olsen Strains Every Muscle in Her Face in an Attempt to Smile
The Fashion Executive Who Doesn’t Wear Underwear on Dates
25 Famous Women on Being Alone
22 Intimate Lost Photos of Marilyn Monroe
Prince George Has No Time for Justin Trudeau’s High Fives
How Angelina Jolie Won the First Big Battle in Her Divorce
It’s Time to Get Over Your White Feelings and Start Taking Action for Black Lives
Madame Clairevoyant: Horoscopes for the Week of September 26
The Will & Grace Reunion Was Intensely Documented for Social Media
All It Took for Anti-Vaxxer to Admit She Was Wrong Was Her Entire Family Getting Sick
From Our Partners
powered by PubExchange
The Cut’s Latest Shopping FeaturesHow to Wear a Pink Suit
That millennial-friendly color strikes again.Cheap Thrill: A Frilled Tomato-Red Jumpsuit
Saucy.14 Things on Sale You’ll Actually Want to Buy: From a Backpack to a Bralette
This week, we dug through the darkest, deepest depths of the internet and found a back-to-school-worthy backpack and a $30 mint-green lamp.Treat Yourself: This Ring Will Make You Feel Like a Boss
A defense against impostor syndrome.Back-to-School Shopping Guide: The College Years
From fuzzy pillows to flatware.The 11 Best Pieces to Buy at Avenue 32’s Sale
Deep discounts, up to 80 percent off.Could These Be the Best Workout Leggings?
Meet the high-waisted version of ADAY's perpetually sold-out Throw and Roll leggings.The Perfect Summer Blanket Is Here
Never wake up in another night sweat again.Cheap Thrill: a Summer Dress You’ll Want to Wear Every Day
For work and weekend.How to Wear Two Bright Colors Together
Marigold and acid-green actually go together really well.
Grunge and glam had a baby together, and it's this clutch.Drake’s Is Now Collaborating With J.Crew
The British menswear brand, not the rapper.13 Basics on Sale, From a T-Shirt to a Tea Kettle
Here, some simple things on super-sale.Here’s Another Way to Get That Vetements Look
Champion's Reverse Weave collection is now sold on SSENSE.10 Bodysuits to Tuck Into Pretty Much Everything
Wear them with mom jeans, high-waisted skirts, work pants ...How to Make Your Work Clothes Less Boring
Take some liberties with this cool Tory Burch skirt.You Can Now Wear Your Succulents on Your Fingers
With the 13-piece Cactus de Cartier collection.Vivienne Westwood’s New York Debut, Unexpected Pool Floats, and a ’70s-Inspired Record Store
What's new in New York stores.Treat Yourself: A Bubblegum-Pink Varsity Jacket
Get one for everyone in your girl gang.9 Ways to Make Your Summer Wardrobe Less Boring
Don't freak out. Buy one of these nine things instead.