• Join designer Bob Mackie (known for his work with Cher and on The Carol Burnett Show) and InStyle fashion director Hal Rubenstein for a discussion about fashion and their respective careers. Rubenstein will also be on hand to sign copies of his book 100 Unforgettable Dresses.
The Museum at FIT, Seventh Ave. and W. 27th St. (212-217-4558); 6 p.m.
• Menswear from Bonobos is marked down at Clothingline, with pants for $50 (originally $88-$195), shirts for $35 (originally $80-$108), and polos for $25 (originally $55-$68). 261 W. 36th St., nr. Seventh Ave., second fl; W-Th (11-7), F (11-6).
• Ready-to-wear clothes and accessories are up to 80 percent off at Roberta Freymann's annual sample sale. Block-printed merchandise for men, women, children and home from the Roberta Roller Rabbit lifestyle brand are discounted as well. The Berry long dress is $50 (originally $145), the Santa Fe bib necklace is $50 (originally $250), and the 26-inch Elsa pillow is $30 (originally $75). 260 Fifth Ave., nr. 28th St.; W–F (11–6), Sa (11–3). Through 3/10.
• Menswear and womenswear items are 30 to 70 percent off at David Yurman's spring sample sale. 10 percent of proceeds from the sale will be donated to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation. 135 W. 18th St., nr. Sixth Ave.; Th (3-8), F-Sa (10-7), Su (11-5). Through 3/11.
• Take 70 percent off handmade jewelry at Scosha in-store and online. 64 Grand St., at Wythe Ave., Williamsburg (718-387-4618); T-Sa (noon-6), Su (noon-5); scosha.com. Through 3/11.
• Stop by Katherine Hooker's first-ever New York pop-up shop for the debut of her spring-summer 2012 RTW dress-jacket line. Pieces will be available in U.S. sizes 4 through 12. 102 Thompson St., nr Prince St.; M-F (11-8), Sa-Su (10-7); through 3/11.
• Get 60 percent off items from brands including Charlotte Ronson, Erickson Beamon, Catherine Deane, Issa London, Imitation of Christ, and more — plus free cocktails every evening from 5 to 7 p.m.— at Showroom Seven's spring sample sale. 263 Eleventh Ave., nr. 27th St.; M-F (10-7), through 3/16.
• Select furniture, rugs, lights, linens, and accessories are up to 75 percent off at the ABC Carpet & Home Bronx warehouse sale. Get up to 80 percent off Calvin Klein Home pieces, 50 percent off Theodore Alexander, and 40 percent off John Reeves. 1055 Bronx River Ave., nr. Watson Ave., the Bronx, (646-217-0431); M–F (10–7), S (9–7), Su (10–6). Through 3/18.
• All furniture and accessories are 15 percent off at Kartell. 39 Greene St., nr. Grand St.; 212-966-6665. Through 3/19.
Most Viewed Stories
The Ultimate Guide to Preparing for the Women’s March
This Conspiracy Theory Will Change How You Feel About the Bachelor Villain
Connecticut Politician Arrested for Pinching Woman’s Genitals
The Sheer Perfection of Donald Trump’s Golden Shower
Hairstylist Says She Was Asked to Do Marla Maples’s and Tiffany Trump’s Inauguration Day Hair for Free
15 Protest Sign Ideas for the Women’s March on Washington
Pakistani Pop Star Stops Concert When He Spots Sexual Harassment
The Obamas Visited Malia and Sasha’s Old Swing Set at Its New Home at a D.C. Shelter
How to Live in a 150-Square-Foot Studio
Ask a Boss: How Do I Quit the Job I’ve Had Forever?
From Our Partners
powered by PubExchange
The Cut’s Latest Shopping FeaturesHow to Wear a Pink Suit
That millennial-friendly color strikes again.Cheap Thrill: A Frilled Tomato-Red Jumpsuit
Saucy.14 Things on Sale You’ll Actually Want to Buy: From a Backpack to a Bralette
This week, we dug through the darkest, deepest depths of the internet and found a back-to-school-worthy backpack and a $30 mint-green lamp.Treat Yourself: This Ring Will Make You Feel Like a Boss
A defense against impostor syndrome.Back-to-School Shopping Guide: The College Years
From fuzzy pillows to flatware.The 11 Best Pieces to Buy at Avenue 32’s Sale
Deep discounts, up to 80 percent off.Could These Be the Best Workout Leggings?
Meet the high-waisted version of ADAY's perpetually sold-out Throw and Roll leggings.The Perfect Summer Blanket Is Here
Never wake up in another night sweat again.Cheap Thrill: a Summer Dress You’ll Want to Wear Every Day
For work and weekend.How to Wear Two Bright Colors Together
Marigold and acid-green actually go together really well.
Grunge and glam had a baby together, and it's this clutch.Drake’s Is Now Collaborating With J.Crew
The British menswear brand, not the rapper.13 Basics on Sale, From a T-Shirt to a Tea Kettle
Here, some simple things on super-sale.Here’s Another Way to Get That Vetements Look
Champion's Reverse Weave collection is now sold on SSENSE.10 Bodysuits to Tuck Into Pretty Much Everything
Wear them with mom jeans, high-waisted skirts, work pants ...How to Make Your Work Clothes Less Boring
Take some liberties with this cool Tory Burch skirt.You Can Now Wear Your Succulents on Your Fingers
With the 13-piece Cactus de Cartier collection.Vivienne Westwood’s New York Debut, Unexpected Pool Floats, and a ’70s-Inspired Record Store
What's new in New York stores.Treat Yourself: A Bubblegum-Pink Varsity Jacket
Get one for everyone in your girl gang.9 Ways to Make Your Summer Wardrobe Less Boring
Don't freak out. Buy one of these nine things instead.